Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Mr Drew
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

Post by Mr Drew »

would it be possible that when you are in the software on the data log> logging options screen you had the ability to toggle between say three sets of user defined logging parameters. In my case I like to have have the log permanently recording a basic bunch of channels at ten hertz, but say you want to tweak launch or traction control you have to go in and individually select/unselect channels change the log rate etc, then change them back when you are done. Clicking one button and getting your 'default' settings back would be so much easier.
Also the option to disable turbo over pressure protection during and shortly after a flat shift, with my particular setup, using retard not cut as it seems much less aggressive, I have to have the limit set 70kpa over my normal 220kpa boost level to stop it tripping which almost makes it pointless.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Mr Drew wrote:would it be possible that when you are in the software on the data log> logging options screen you had the ability to toggle between say three sets of user defined logging parameters. In my case I like to have have the log permanently recording a basic bunch of channels at ten hertz, but say you want to tweak launch or traction control you have to go in and individually select/unselect channels change the log rate etc, then change them back when you are done. Clicking one button and getting your 'default' settings back would be so much easier.
Nice idea. Not short term though.
Mr Drew wrote:Also the option to disable turbo over pressure protection during and shortly after a flat shift, with my particular setup, using retard not cut as it seems much less aggressive, I have to have the limit set 70kpa over my normal 220kpa boost level to stop it tripping which almost makes it pointless.
No.
You've effectively set up an anti lag situation. With the ignition being retarded like that, you're firing at ATDC, so spooling the turbo up massively. Put a turbo speed gauge on if you're interested.
I'd switch back to ignition cut, unless you can reduce the ignition retard enough that you don't get boost spikes but can still shift smoothly.
Mr Drew
Firmware Version: 62

Post by Mr Drew »

Is there any chance of more boost control maps? I've been dabbling with a Garrett servo type wastegate actuator in an attempt to get a wider range of control of boost by gear but it really needs more maps to function effectively.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Without sounding obvious - DTA is an 'engine management unit' if you want more sophisticated boost management buy a standalone boost controller?
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Mr Drew wrote:Is there any chance of more boost control maps? I've been dabbling with a Garrett servo type wastegate actuator in an attempt to get a wider range of control of boost by gear but it really needs more maps to function effectively.
There will be no more development on the S Series ECUs apart from one that's been outstanding for about a year.
All my time is now taken on the new ECUs.
Airspeed
Firmware Version: 63

Post by Airspeed »

The new ecu’s Alex?
Maybe I missed it, but could you spill the beans a bit more as to what is coming?
11.06 @ 124.5 mph
'74 VW Beetle turbo S60pro
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

T Series will replace the S Series imminently.

No serial port, direct USB.
Onboard wideband on all ECUs.
Plus versions will have DBW built in. Knock hardware is included, but the software development is a big job, so that won't be ready for a while.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Woo hoo, and with the introductory discount I feel an upgrade on it's way.
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

That sounds AWESOME Alex. Gives me reason to upgrade... sigh.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
rajjinator

Post by rajjinator »

came here to suggest CAN wideband support (ground offset issues) but I guess onboard WB controller is even better :-D