Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Efi Guy
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: VW Speed Shop
Firmware Version: 63

Re: Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

Post by Efi Guy »

Just noticed there is oil temp listed in real time mapping but not in real time info Maybe useful for internal stuff like turn on fan at 90deg instead of 3000mv or warnings and second input on ana 1. I use real time info quite a bit and it'd be nice to see the oil temp gauge alongside Oil P and Fuel P which I don't use so much.
Not a big deal really and hey if I'm not happy I could go and spend £2000 on a Notec
;)

Edit
Just noticed that ANA 1 value is listed in the column but a bit odd listing the volts and the value. Plenty of room on that screen for 4 more gauges linked to ana values and about time there was some alterations to the graphics as it's been the same for 10 years or more
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

stevieturbo wrote:The old one long since disappeared, so it's about time a new one was created. Mine's been off the road for ages so havent really much to add for now. But will start with a very easy one.

1. Open up both Lambda channels for logging regardless of sequential being active. Why lock a perfectly usable logging channel ?
Monitoring both banks of a V or Flat engine is good for engine health, tuning and diagnostics. Doesnt matter that you cant actually tune each bank, but it's important to know how they are running

I'll bump this one again....it should be easy to do.

and

2. Faster log downloads...that cracks me up.

3. Some sort of idle uplift upon engine start. Simple time/turns based ISCV uplift would do from initial cranking.

4. Ana/Aux

As some of these now offer virtual switches/sensors so to speak, perhaps better divorcing of the inputs and outputs. It would allow users to create more adjustments based on ecu sensor inputs, but still leaving the aux output free.

5. Compensation logging or flags.

Ultimate timing and fuel figures are logged. But on a log, there is no easy way to tell what compensations are being applied to arrive at that figure. It would be nice to see these, if nothing else from a diagnostic point of view.

6. Perhaps more difficult.

TCS aggression can be adjusted using Ana 1
Launch RPM can be adjusted using Ana1
Launch elapsed time/rpm can be adjusted using Ana1

There is a conflict there.

7. Allow the use of launch over elapsed time to be activated by undriven wheel speed. That comes back to the virtual switch thing.

And 8. Dare I say it....but more load sites.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

And 9...another long standing request.

Free up both lambda pins for logging all the time. One pin is dormont and cannot be used for anything until sequential is active. That doesnt help anyone to monitor both banks of a Vee, or say both banks of a flat 4..

10. I see wheel pulses are now counted on diagnostic screen. A datalog channel for distance would be nice. All the info is already there via wheel/tyre size etc
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

Stevie - did you see the new software update?
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Jon K wrote:Stevie - did you see the new software update?
Yea, havent used it yet though, only had a look on the computer. It isnt really offering anything extra I need at this time.

Plus I did take the pedal box out to fit the needle rollers, and it's now snowing here...so car aint going anywhere soon.
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

I want snow! All we have here in Pennsylvania is rain (last week for 4 days) and now just bitter cold.
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

Anyone have their ear to the ground on new updates/features? I am always anticipating!
petercabrio

Post by petercabrio »

is there anyway of swapping the dials on the real time info screen?

i dont use air, map, or fuel p and could do with being able to use oil temp instead of water temp ( aircooled engine)

i have the s40
Roverdose
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

I like the turn on aux with another input, but id also like a turn off too.

Drew
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

petercabrio wrote:is there anyway of swapping the dials on the real time info screen?

i dont use air, map, or fuel p and could do with being able to use oil temp instead of water temp ( aircooled engine)

i have the s40
real time display is fixed. It cannot be changed ( unless you could hack the Swin software lol )