DTASwin and windows 7

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
tweeqd
ECU Model: S60 Pro

DTASwin and windows 7

Post by tweeqd »

hello people
is anyone running DTASwin on windows 7, i have 7 on my ASUS laptop and everytime i try to connect it to my S60 it says Failed com port in use
ive tried it on a friends S60 and says the same, non of the com ports are in use and ive tried changing between all 5 com ports

im useing a serial to USB lead and software thgat was sold to me buy the supplier of my DTA and the same lead works with an emerald ECU but not my S60
MSEL
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 78

Re: DTASwin and windows 7

Post by MSEL »

We are having no problems connecting to S60 or S80 running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit using a USB to Serial adapter or CAN.

Depending upon the chipset your USB to serial adapter is using it can cause some issues. We find the Prolific chipset works well with the DTA product.

What port does Windows show the serial port is on?
corsaboy
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 79

Post by corsaboy »

i also use the prolific chipset. Works great.
No problems found with Win 7 and DTA-swin.

What says the device manager of windows about the USB to Serial adapter?
Vauxhall Corsa C20XE Powered by Eaton M90
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

No issues with Windows 7 here but as corsaboy mentioned it really depends on the USB adapter you're using.

I use this one when I have to:

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/usb- ... -p-67.html

But most of the time I use a PC with serial port.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
phazer

Post by phazer »

You may wish to try using the 'Run as Administrator' option as apps are prevented from accessing certain things otherwise - this may be peculier to the driver for your USB COM.

Failing that there are compatibility options you could try. If you want to try these come back and I'll assist if you don't already know how to do this.
"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, if you decide you don't like him, you're a mile away from him with his shoes".

Nova SRi 1.6 16v TBs / DTA E48 1/4@14.8s
tweeqd
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by tweeqd »

thanks for the replys, its an innovate adaptor
ive managed to get the COM ports right and with the ign off it says the ecu is off but when the ign is on it says com port in use
i know the ecu is powering up as the fuel pump primes and it says the same faults with my friends S60 that is fine and running

im stuck as what to do as this lead works fine with an Emerald ecu just not with and DTA's ive also loaded DTASwin and the serial softwre on to a notebook running windows XP and still have the same fault
MSEL
Firmware Version: 78

Post by MSEL »

Doesn't sound like you have Prolific chipset.

Under Device Manager > Ports > Comm Port then Advanced Settings does it have a whole lot of timer and buffer options?

If it does, drop the timers and buffers (this is more than the "normal" FIFO settings) right down to close to minimum. I have used that in the past with a couple of USB to Serial adapters my customers have turned up here with.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Is a PCMCIA or Express port to serial an option ?

And while on the topic of Windows 7 etc.

Anyone tried a Windows tablet yet ? Not for tuning, but just to see if Swin will work and run on a tablet, mostly as a display
V40gt
Firmware Version: 62

Post by V40gt »

Sometimes I have the same message first time i start DTASwin. Just close the DTASwin application and open it again and it goes online straight away.
ECU power on all the time.
V40 Turbo DTA S80pro
razzor

Post by razzor »

biggest hassle is most serial to usb adaptors have issues or dont work.
Finally we found ST Lab serial-usb adaptors and pcmcia cards to work reliably and havent had any issues.

I have a box with 10 plus adaptors that are collecting dust.