AC clutch

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
kutle

AC clutch

Post by kutle »

I can't get my s40 to recognize that AC clutch is on. Tried to connect pin 11 direct to ground but it still doesn't recognize anything. Between this pin and ground I can always measure +5V. What is wrong?
x30xe
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Re: AC clutch

Post by x30xe »

Is the wiring schematic visible in DTA website really correct ??? I know clearly how relay works and I know how AC Clutch works but this wiring is really odd.

What does this pin 11 really do ? Does it supply earth or positive when function is active ?
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

x30xe wrote:Is the wiring schematic visible in DTA website really correct ??? I know clearly how relay works and I know how AC Clutch works but this wiring is really odd.

What does this pin 11 really do ? Does it supply earth or positive when function is active ?
The circuit diagram shows pin 11 as in input which gets pulled down to ground by a switch, ie air-con ON. therefore it must be pulled high when unused by an internal pull-up resistor.

There's no way on earth you should ever be able to get 5v on this pin if you've grounded it with a switch! Check your wiring and ground connections out. Maybe your air con is supposed to provide this switch and take the pin to ground but it's just not doing that properly. Try an external switch?

Martin
Wally
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 51

Post by Wally »

As Martin says, pin 11 is an input and the wiring shows it grounded when "on". I think this would have to be done thru a relay which is activated by the live wire to the compressor. But kutle, what do you mean when you say "I can't get my s40 to recognize that AC clutch is on"?

My S60 manual says
AIR CON SIGNAL UPLIFT
Pulse width added to basic signal when air conditioning compressor is engaged, see wiring diagram.
COOLING FAN ACTIVE UPLIFT
Same as above but works when cooling fan is switched on by the ECU.

From this I assume all it does is increase the pulse width of the idle valve - how are you measuring this?

Wally
x30xe
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by x30xe »

Thanks for correction. For some reason I was thinking that the pin 11 would activate the clutch which is totally incorrect...
kutle

Post by kutle »

Thing is that even when I direct ground it in diagnostic displey switch says that it is off. For me this is a great problem as car needs to be for every day and in this part of Europe temps in summer are above 35C.
V40gt
Firmware Version: 62

Post by V40gt »

Dont be offended, but have you got the "use shift cut input for air con signal" checked at the idle speed parameters window?
V40 Turbo DTA S80pro
kutle

Post by kutle »

It should work but it doesn't. I was promised by allan 3 weeks ago that it will be sorted but still nothing. That is really bad, I thinked that they are serious company. Have somebody here some connections there?
Roverdose
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

kutle wrote:I thinked that they are serious company
producing competition engine management systems.

Drew
kutle

Post by kutle »

I am not racing driver, and specificate that want ecu for every day car. They obviously have wrong advertizing, but that could still be fine if all functions would work or if they would soted it in warranty period. I dont know how long need to wait for make that happen?!