LS2 coils with S100

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
snax

LS2 coils with S100

Post by snax »

Hi guys, Im installing an s100 onto a ford 351w and the customer is wanting to use ls2 coils. I have seen some information in the past about how to make them work with the built in ignitors but I cannot find it anymore since the other board is down.

I know the following about the coils

connector at coil
a - ground to engine block
b - signal ground at ECU
c - Logic signal input
d - switched 12v input

From what I understand the signal required for the ls2 coils is inverted from what the DTA outputs? Does anyone have any information on how they have wired up these coils?

thanks
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: LS2 coils with S100

Post by stevieturbo »

snax wrote:Hi guys, Im installing an s100 onto a ford 351w and the customer is wanting to use ls2 coils. I have seen some information in the past about how to make them work with the built in ignitors but I cannot find it anymore since the other board is down.

I know the following about the coils

connector at coil
a - ground to engine block
b - signal ground at ECU
c - Logic signal input
d - switched 12v input

From what I understand the signal required for the ls2 coils is inverted from what the DTA outputs? Does anyone have any information on how they have wired up these coils?

thanks
Depending which is left and right, the two grounds a/b just run them to engine ground as per your schedule

And just check "external amps" in general settings.

c is the ecu trigger, wired in firing order.
d is an ignition switched 12v.
snax

Post by snax »

Right now I have pin a wired up ground at the cylinder head and pin b wired into the sensor ground circuit...Will that damage the ECU?

I keep finding different info on these coils online, some say they trigger with 5v others say 12v. Any clear answer on this, if it is 12v I will need a pull up resistor on each spark output.
RTR75
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 46

Post by RTR75 »

I struggled with this also but very simple.
Pin A- Ground
Pin B- Ground ( I have used the same ground )
Pin C- Input/Trigger from ECU
Pin D- 12 volt fused constant power w/ignition on
Attachments
LM7 Checvy truck coils
LM7 Checvy truck coils
8-) Linc
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

snax wrote:Right now I have pin a wired up ground at the cylinder head and pin b wired into the sensor ground circuit...Will that damage the ECU?

I keep finding different info on these coils online, some say they trigger with 5v others say 12v. Any clear answer on this, if it is 12v I will need a pull up resistor on each spark output.
The clear answer is they will work wired directly to an S-series as already stated.

Wiring the ground pin b to the ecu will do no harm.
This pin is normally used for missfire detection on the OE setup.
Nem

Post by Nem »

just the info i was looking for

thanks guys