S100 Traction Control

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
John Loudon
ECU Model: S100 Pro

S100 Traction Control

Post by John Loudon »

Hi,

I have TC wired for all 4 wheels on my car to an S100. Should I be able to test that the wheel speed sensors are giving a signal with just the ignition on via the Traction Control Info page under Display and Test functions? If I switch the TC on, the Control Switch field changes to ON and the Control Enabled in map changes to Y but I ask as I have the car jacked up and I am rotating wheels but seeing no output on the page except for Actual Slip % changing to 100% once per wheel revolution but nothing on the oscilloscope area of the display. Does the minimum speed to activate have to be reached to see a signal from the wheel speed sensor to see something? Anything else I am missing?

Thanks

John
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: S100 Traction Control

Post by stevieturbo »

I'm near sure the engine has to be running.

Although in diagnostic display you should be able to see the wheel pulses count up with the engine off I think.
John Loudon
ECU Model: S100 Pro

Re: S100 Traction Control

Post by John Loudon »

Thanks. All sorted. Gap between the sensors and trigger wheels was too much Now adjusted and getting speeds on all 4 wheels