Crank sensor issue...

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Beattie62285
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Crank sensor issue...

Post by Beattie62285 »

Hi I have a dta s40pro ecu and I am trying to start the engine Vauxhall 1600. The crank sensor is a 60-2 triggering wheel but the sensor isn't picking up te correct signal. When I put on oscilloscope it is not showing correctly. The blue line is not as long as it should be... I contacted dta but to no avail. I have the screenshots of the sensor oscilloscope if anybody can help. Everything else is working OK and on diagnostic tests coil and injectors working. But when cranking there is no spark or fuel. But I first need to get the ecu to recognise the signal from the crank sensor so it will configure properly.
Help please....
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Crank sensor issue...

Post by Alex DTA »

As I said on the phone, the crank sensor wiring is the problem. Attached are the scopes you sent:

Until those are sorted, the ECU won't sync.

It looks like the wires are the wrong way round, but you tried swapping them already.
You need to track the wires back and work out where they're going.
Beattie62285

Post by Beattie62285 »

Thanks I never realised you were on the forum too. Thanks for your assistance today!! I was looking at the gap between sensor and trigger wheel. It looks quite big 3-4mm... But is not adjustable as its attached to dry sump from sbd. Could this be an issue? Also the earth is to a bolt on the chassis where other earths are connected too so I will try and put directly to battery and see if it makes any difference. Wiring looks to be ok, as you said earth and signal are to correct points...
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

No problem.
3 to 4 mm is far too much. Contact SBD as they may use a particular sensor for their kits.

If you mean the main earth for the engine loom, it shouldn't make too much difference.
Beattie62285

Post by Beattie62285 »

It's going now :) The issue was the sensor gap. I filled the sump mounting point down so it sits around 1mm and synced straight away and the crank signal is completely different. Thanks for the help!!!