Injector dead time

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Joey

Injector dead time

Post by Joey »

I see there is a spot under General engine settings, and one under battery compensations.

Under general settings, what voltage would i put the dead time for? Whatever my bike produces as its running under power?

I have a dead time table that came with my injectors, i can use for reference.
x30xe
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Re: Injector dead time

Post by x30xe »

The one found in general settings is used always if voltage/deadtime table is not in use. That specific table overrides the generic setting if it is ticked on.
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

I found the battery table to be counter productive. I got a lovely set of dead times from Injector Dynamics but the ECU was seeing slight voltage fluctuations (it's over sensitive to that imo) and the dead time was constantly flitting up and down adjacent cells, throwing the AFR.

If you have to use the table, make sure 3 or 4 rows are the same number at normal running voltage (i.e. 13.8).

I don't bother with DT at all now and things seem better to be honest.

Dead time @ X volts is only half the story. It changes with pressure as well and there's no settings for that in the software.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Thank you guys for the tips.
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

Pressure versus Manifold is the same though (as long as your reg references manifold press).
If teh DTA is seeing voltage fluctuations that the injector is NOT seeing then you would get the result you describe. Otherwise, it would work as advertised - that is the whole point, to adjust dead time based on voltage.
Great for cars with alternators geared for high rpm that barely charge at idle, you can still get idle mixtures consistent.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Joey

Post by Joey »

Set the tables from the sheet i got with my injectors, seems to run ok, compared to my small injectors. Set the general dead time at .60 as thats what it was on the sheet i got @14volts. When i went to test injector dead time where it changes from 2 stroke to 4 stroke mode(batt comps off) it seemed to be to low, as when it went to two stroke mode it got lean. Now is it worth adjusting it so its the same a/f ratio 2 stroke to 4 stroke mode, or leave it to what the tables i got with the injectors?
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

Personally I would leave it as per the supplied table. Even if it is out, I expect it would be a linear amount across the range, and the table supplied will have the correct curve.
That is my thinking, feel free to disagree or experiment ;)
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |