Wideband Sensor install

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
DriveTeamDundee
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Wideband Sensor install

Post by DriveTeamDundee »

Managed to pick up an old SLC Pure Plus 2(or older, it's in the bluebox) and wideband sensor and have a few questions about following the S60 wiring diagram.

On pin 19 (of plug containing Lambda input) the diagram has the sensor ground line going to the lambda, on our sensor (5 wire sensor) itself, the ground goes into our controller. Our controller has a 6 pin input plug sensor, a 4 pin output and a 4 pin input plug consisting over, System +, System -, Heater for sensor +, Heater for Sensor -.

Would I need to connect the controller to the ground loop as shown in the diagrams for s60, or can the output from the controller be connect to pin 19 without the ground?

Having trouble finding manuals for my controller as it's that old now, and their website doesn't have old manuals so can't show any diagrams.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Wideband Sensor install

Post by stevieturbo »

DriveTeamDundee wrote:Managed to pick up an old SLC Pure Plus 2(or older, it's in the bluebox) and wideband sensor and have a few questions about following the S60 wiring diagram.

On pin 19 (of plug containing Lambda input) the diagram has the sensor ground line going to the lambda, on our sensor (5 wire sensor) itself
In no way whatsoever does it show that. It shows a basic connection for a NB 2 wire sensor.

Common sense will tell most this does not apply to a wideband setup, and perhaps Alex may need to amend this to make it more obvious than it should already be.

DriveTeamDundee wrote: the ground goes into our controller. Our controller has a 6 pin input plug sensor, a 4 pin output and a 4 pin input plug consisting over, System +, System -, Heater for sensor +, Heater for Sensor -.

Would I need to connect the controller to the ground loop as shown in the diagrams for s60, or can the output from the controller be connect to pin 19 without the ground?

Having trouble finding manuals for my controller as it's that old now, and their website doesn't have old manuals so can't show any diagrams.
Manual readily available.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0189/ ... l.pdf?2676

Aux Connector Pin 6, yellow will go do DTA Pin 19, and you'll need to ensure the output calibration of the unit is matched to the lambda input calibration on the DTA
DriveTeamDundee
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by DriveTeamDundee »

stevieturbo wrote:
DriveTeamDundee wrote:Managed to pick up an old SLC Pure Plus 2(or older, it's in the bluebox) and wideband sensor and have a few questions about following the S60 wiring diagram.

On pin 19 (of plug containing Lambda input) the diagram has the sensor ground line going to the lambda, on our sensor (5 wire sensor) itself
In no way whatsoever does it show that. It shows a basic connection for a NB 2 wire sensor.

Common sense will tell most this does not apply to a wideband setup, and perhaps Alex may need to amend this to make it more obvious than it should already be.

DriveTeamDundee wrote: the ground goes into our controller. Our controller has a 6 pin input plug sensor, a 4 pin output and a 4 pin input plug consisting over, System +, System -, Heater for sensor +, Heater for Sensor -.

Manual readily available.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0189/ ... l.pdf?2676

Aux Connector Pin 6, yellow will go do DTA Pin 19, and you'll need to ensure the output calibration of the unit is matched to the lambda input calibration on the DTA
Fair enough, had a look through the S series manual but not seeing anything about WB wiring.

Nope that is the wrong manual, like i said its the blue box old style, 14 pin. The newer SLC Pure plus come in black boxes, the blue were ones of the first I think. Also the manual is for the 2.1, not same as mine. I've managed to figure out the controller wiring for power etc, and sensor plug in but not to sure of the outputs.

Haven't had much luck finding old manuals on forums, but i was more asking about the wiring for the ground line. But will figure out which of the controller is the WB output and run that to pin 19.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Then email Alan for the instructions for your unit.

toalan@14Point7.com
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

I was about to say email him. He will get back to you in a few days in my experience and is quite helpful.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |