AEM Wideband install.

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
apow
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 60

AEM Wideband install.

Post by apow »

Howdy peeps.

I have DTA S40 Pro ecu installed in my Golf mk3 ABF 16v Turbo.

I had an Innovate LC-1 wideband controller installed which went bang a few weeks. Thought it was the LSU 4.2 sensor and bought a brand new only to find out the controller has gone.

So i have bought a AEM wideband controller and installed it in is working fine. In the DTASWIN software under Other Map Settings > Lambda Funstions > Lambda Parameters, it is set to "innovate LM1/LC1" under the set voltage scale.

How can set it in DTASWIN software so i have all the right setting that came with the AEM controller. The AEM controller came with some instructions and values to input in to the software which values to i input in to the DTA software. The manual has the following table values. "02 Volts" "Lambda" "Gasoline AFR"

Any help would be really helpful

Many Thanks,

Vas
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: AEM Wideband install.

Post by Alex DTA »

Hi Vas

There's no default for the AEM gauge.
Just pick a range of values from the manual, and fill them in the two tables in the lambda parameters screen. You'll use the volts in the mVolts column, and the corresponding lambda value.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

The AEM should give you a 0-5v scaling and what AFR these refer to. Just fill in the table on the DTA to match this and all should be well.

Do take note when driving etc to ensure both do match in case there may need some minor adjustment to this though

eg page 7 on their instructions. Use whichever units you need...I prefer gasoline AFR's

http://aemelectronics.com/files/instruc ... 0Gauge.pdf
apow

Post by apow »

Alex DTA wrote:Hi Vas

There's no default for the AEM gauge.
Just pick a range of values from the manual, and fill them in the two tables in the lambda parameters screen. You'll use the volts in the mVolts column, and the corresponding lambda value.
Hi Alex,

Thanks that what i thought.

also the DTASWIN software only goes to 20 rows but the AEM controller table has a table of 33 rows.

Whats the best way forward to input the 33 rows from AEM in to DTASWIN 20 row table.
apow

Post by apow »

stevieturbo wrote:The AEM should give you a 0-5v scaling and what AFR these refer to. Just fill in the table on the DTA to match this and all should be well.

Do take note when driving etc to ensure both do match in case there may need some minor adjustment to this though

eg page 7 on their instructions. Use whichever units you need...I prefer gasoline AFR's

http://aemelectronics.com/files/instruc ... 0Gauge.pdf
Thanks Steve,

Yes correct it will be gasoline AFR. It will go for mapping again once i have chnaged the intercooler and exhaust so for now it should be ok by in inputting the AEM parameters.
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

As it's petrol, you can ignore all the rows above 17 AFR.
Use the 0 to 3.43v range, skipping a couple of rows near the rich end to use just 20 rows.
apow

Post by apow »

Alex DTA wrote:As it's petrol, you can ignore all the rows above 17 AFR.
Use the 0 to 3.43v range, skipping a couple of rows near the rich end to use just 20 rows.
thanks very much Alex. I will try that. Awesome help guys. Very big thank you all.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Really you only need 2 values....it will be a linear output.

Range will depend what your engine wants/needs and how much either side of max you want for tuning/diagnostic purposes