Quick response air temp sensor

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Quick response air temp sensor

Post by VR6Turbo »

On the old forum, someone kindly posted a link to an M12x1.5 air temp sensor with an open bead element, so had a fast response.

Can anyone remember it?

Thanks
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Quick response air temp sensor

Post by stevieturbo »

Dont recall. I ended up buying a Cossie one. Think it's M14x1.5 as I couldnt find an M12x1.5 at the time
Basil

Post by Basil »

Marelli ATS04 is high speed open bead, but M14 x 1.00 thread. Can you drill and tap out bigger?
http://motorsport.magnetimarelli.com/PD ... rev5.0.pdf
Basil

Post by Basil »

Kronenburg do an open bead type in M12 x 1.5, Bsosch mini timer connector style:

01-01-07-0001 is the part number, see here:

http://kms.vankronenburg.nl/products_sensors.html
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

Thanks guys

M14 is doable, so yeah that ATS one looks spot on. It says 5V input voltage though, but I thought the DTA just measured the resistance?
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

kew

Post by kew »

Try efi-parts.co.uk for sensors, very good value.
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse
The going up is worth the coming down.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

VR6Turbo wrote:Thanks guys

M14 is doable, so yeah that ATS one looks spot on. It says 5V input voltage though, but I thought the DTA just measured the resistance?
All sensors offer a resistance, and this is referenced to 5v. Whether or not it is always described in that manner is the issue.

if you stick a voltmeter onto many "signal" pins on the ecu, you will measure 5v. Even though it isnt actually a 5v output.
Once there is a load across it, things change, and this is where the ecu takes it's readings across the resistance. ie the sensor.

You can get the Cossie ones pretty cheap on egay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cosworth ... 1113wt_877

I know the one Basil listed does state M14x1.0mm on the data sheet. But I'm 99.9% sure the Cossie one which almost seems the same sensor is M14x1.5

M14x1.0mm would be a very strange thread.
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

Yeah I saw efi-parts.co.uk one and it's £5 cheaper, well, roughly even when you take postage into account but the ebay one looked to have a little more reach on it. It will be mounted into a rubber intake bellow with an external spout which is quite deep, so the longer sensor was better for me.

And the reason for the bellow is the intake manifold is plastic and doesn't have enough meat to tap into....
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

stevieturbo wrote:
VR6Turbo wrote:Thanks guys

All sensors offer a resistance, and this is referenced to 5v. Whether or not it is always described in that manner is the issue.

if you stick a voltmeter onto many "signal" pins on the ecu, you will measure 5v. Even though it isnt actually a 5v output.
Once there is a load across it, things change, and this is where the ecu takes it's readings across the resistance. ie the sensor.

You can get the Cossie ones pretty cheap on egay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cosworth ... 1113wt_877

I know the one Basil listed does state M14x1.0mm on the data sheet. But I'm 99.9% sure the Cossie one which almost seems the same sensor is M14x1.5

M14x1.0mm would be a very strange thread.
Thanks Stevie

Yeah the Cossie one I got from ebay is a coarse thread, looks M14x1.5 to me as you say....