Wheelspeed only when traction control on?

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
cooberpedy
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Firmware Version: 89.00

Wheelspeed only when traction control on?

Post by cooberpedy »

Hi all,
i have found, that driven and undriven wheelspeed is not updated in real itme info as long as traction control is switched off. In diagnostic display all wheespeed pulses are present. Is this intended to work like that?

I would like to use speed via CAN to feed my RaceTech Dash. Which speed signal is transmitted via CAN Id 0x2001?
Any ideas?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Wheelspeed only when traction control on?

Post by Alex DTA »

Yes, that's correct.

Undriven wheel speed.
cooberpedy

Post by cooberpedy »

Thanks Alex!
Is there a specific reason for freezing the speed display while traction is off? Would be nice to have vehicle speed displayed in any case.

Sorry, haven't checked yet, but the CAN message "speed" is updated in any case, isn't it?
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

I just did a bit of testing, and you have to either have traction or launch active to get the undriven wheel speed to appear.
I suspect Allan did that to ensure that the values filled in were realistic. I don't know for sure though.
You just have to activate the functions in the software. They don't have any effect unless you add the physical buttons to turn them on.

The CAN data is calculated the same way, and won't update unless the one of the functions is turned on either.
cooberpedy

Post by cooberpedy »

Thanks Alex!
Having checked the CAN Stream Data, i can confirm this behaviour. Speed data freezes when traction and launch is not activated in software.

I have found two new CAN IDs, 0x2006 and 0x2007, which are transmitted continously. But they are not documented in the CAN Stream Spec..
What do they mean?
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Ah, the old document is still on the website. I'll update it now.

ETA: Done.