Dual wideband lambda controllers

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Syncro
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01

Dual wideband lambda controllers

Post by Syncro »

I want to connect a wideband probe to my S100. I also have a VDO wideband lambda gauge which requires a 0-5V drive.

Can anyone recommend a wideband controller that has dual 0-5V outputs?
I know of the Innovate LC-2 so far - is it any good? Are there any others I could compare?

Thanks!
AWD Golf 2.5T
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Dual wideband lambda controllers

Post by stevieturbo »

There should be no need for dual outputs for what you want to do. Just feed the 0-5v signal to both devices.

Daytona Sensors and FAST make dual widebands that should have a pair of 0-5v outputs but also a display on the controller itself.

eg

http://www.jegs.com/i/FAST/244/170402/10002/-1

Or you could have a race type dash hooked up to the ecu and view the info via that, as opposed to external gauges.

lots of options really. But you do not need a dedicated 0-5v output for the ecu and for a gauge, unless the gauge itself has some very strange requirements for the scaling.
Syncro
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01

Post by Syncro »

Hi Steve,

I wasn't sure of the input impedances of the DTA and my gauge. To be safe I wanted to run separate outputs but in theory you are correct so long as each one has high input impedance. I could give that a go then tweak the scaling of the S100 to match that of the gauge, thanks!

A digital dash would have been a compact solution but I have gone for a more retro look with individual VDO gauges for everything. I had a dash insert made to fit them - will post up details of that in another section soon if anyone wanted to make something similar.

Cheers!
AWD Golf 2.5T
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by lumley32 »

you could use a spare output from the ecu to pass the 0-5v through to the gauge, filter cap and a pull-up resistor and you should be good to go.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I would have no concerns about using the output for 2 devices. No more than you would about reading the output with a multimeter etc.