Variable reluctance converter PCB

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Syncro
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01

Variable reluctance converter PCB

Post by Syncro »

My car has ABS sensors which I would like to use for detecting wheel speed. I believe that DTA doesn't support the common ABS sensor as they are often VR.

I did find this hand converter PCB...
http://www.jbperf.com/dual_VR/v2_1.html

Although I have bought a couple of the boards myself I must admit that I haven't gotten round to trying them yet. I think it should do the job of converting ABS wheel speed sensor outputs to a valid square wave if anyone else was thinking of doing the same.
AWD Golf 2.5T
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Variable reluctance converter PCB

Post by stevieturbo »

It's been covered before and there are a few solutions, Jeans board is one of them

Locally...the Vauxhall Siemens "relay" is another although would require 1 per input.
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

If you do a search on here somewhere you will find that Vauxhall make device that does this already, looks much like a 5 pin plug in relay, worth a look. It's probably the same device in a box.
Syncro
Distributor: Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01

Post by Syncro »

I did a couple of searches for ABS and wheel speed sensor but the engine errors because of too many hits! ;)

I have heard of the GM relay. It's bright orange right?

What I have done so far is to fit two of these small PCBs (does all four wheels) in a small enclosure and wired it all up next to the ECU. I think its true though that the relay probably has the same translator IC inside.
AWD Golf 2.5T
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Syncro wrote:I did a couple of searches for ABS and wheel speed sensor but the engine errors because of too many hits! ;)

I have heard of the GM relay. It's bright orange right?

What I have done so far is to fit two of these small PCBs (does all four wheels) in a small enclosure and wired it all up next to the ECU. I think its true though that the relay probably has the same translator IC inside.
Orange/yellow.

This thread covers most of it, with links to other threads with pics/info

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1024