INJECTOR CC/MIN

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: INJECTOR CC/MIN

Post by ignitionautosport »

Don't hope. Get them flow tested.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
kew

Post by kew »

kew wrote:Thanks for the replies.
I'll check that my top and bottom injectors are the same and if they are I'll check the flow rate at the 50 psi that my pump puts out.
I'll then enter the flow rate of 1 injector in the box and see what results I get.
I'll be really happy if I end up doing 100 mpg.
ignitionautosport wrote:Don't hope. Get them flow tested.
See I'd already said that.
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse
The going up is worth the coming down.
ignitionautosport

Thought maybe you'd gotten lazy since then :P
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
kew

Post by kew »

ignitionautosport wrote:Thought maybe you'd gotten lazy since then :P
I have got a bit lazy lately, I've been watching the Rugby world cup on TV at unearthly hours of the morning. You antipodeans really need to get your clocks sorted.

Nevermind it will be Wales and NZ in the final with Wales winning obviously. :D :D
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I wouldnt be too worried about it. The number does nothing whatsoever apart from being used to calculate fuel used.

And even then, when you actually measure fuel used and compare it, you may need to adjust the number anyway. So I would just go trial and error with actual fuel used over a period of time.
kew

Post by kew »

Thank you Stevie, my problem is that now I have all this logging capability I'm getting carried away and I want to fill in all the boxes.
As you say, I will measure petrol used and check with what the DTA says and then alter things so that they are the same.
The main reason for wanting to get some numbers on this is so that I can see if there are changes in fuel consumption when I alter the fuelling / ignition. Not much of a problem on short circuits but may make me run out of fuel at the TT.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

If you are wanting to optimise fuel usage, then going fully sequential and spending some time optimising when the injection timing would have benefits
But the only way to do that is with dyno time.
kew

Post by kew »

I will have to have a few sessions on the dyno over the winter and see what happens with ignition and fueling changes.
The trouble with a dyno is that it takes money that could be spent on racing. I will have to get myself a sponsor with a dyno. :D
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

kew wrote:I will have to have a few sessions on the dyno over the winter and see what happens with ignition and fueling changes.
The trouble with a dyno is that it takes money that could be spent on racing. I will have to get myself a sponsor with a dyno. :D
be cheaper to get a bigger fuel tank and not worry about it lol
ignitionautosport

Depends how that extra weight affects handling and acceleration etc. Multiple things to consider ;)