INJECTOR CC/MIN

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
kew
ECU Model: S80 Pro

INJECTOR CC/MIN

Post by kew »

In general engine settings there is a space to enter injector cc/min.

How do I measure the amount to fill this in?

I assume that by entering a figure in the box I will be able to tick the fuel consumption box in the logging options. :?:
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse
The going up is worth the coming down.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: INJECTOR CC/MIN

Post by stevieturbo »

Either test the injectors for flow. Or ask whoever you bought them from.
kew

Post by kew »

I assume then that the amount I have to enter is the total amount that goes through all the injectors per minute, ie. top and bottom injectors.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

It will be whatever they were flow tested at, or whatever they were sold as flowing.
Taking into account the changes for difference in fuel pressure you are running compared to when they were tested.
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

To expound on what Stevie said - injectors flow a certain amount of fuel at a certain static fuel pressure. Most usually the injectors will be flow tested at 3 bar of pressure (though it can be anything really, or multiple pressures, even). So whatever your base pressure is (ie., with the car idling and vacuum pulling on the fuel pressure regulator) you put the follow figures in for that pressure. I believe this field is only for calculating fuel use.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
VR6Turbo
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

kew wrote:I assume then that the amount I have to enter is the total amount that goes through all the injectors per minute, ie. top and bottom injectors.
If you're running twin injectors, I don't think it will work as you'd need a second "injector cc/min" to get the most accurate recording, unless you're running both sets full time, in which case, yep, sum the two flow rates and stick that in. It only needs to be the flow rate of 1 injector, i.e. 440cc/min. I would assume the ECU is clever enough to multiply that by the number cylinders entered in the Gen settings.
kew

Post by kew »

Thanks for the replies.
I'll check that my top and bottom injectors are the same and if they are I'll check the flow rate at the 50 psi that my pump puts out.
I'll then enter the flow rate of 1 injector in the box and see what results I get.
I'll be really happy if I end up doing 100 mpg.
VR6Turbo
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

Mine was logging some scary Gallon per hour numbers, so I stopped looking :lol:

It would be nice to rig up a wheel sensor one of these days and get a proper mpg going....
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

VR6Turbo wrote:
kew wrote:I assume then that the amount I have to enter is the total amount that goes through all the injectors per minute, ie. top and bottom injectors.
If you're running twin injectors, I don't think it will work as you'd need a second "injector cc/min" to get the most accurate recording, unless you're running both sets full time, in which case, yep, sum the two flow rates and stick that in. It only needs to be the flow rate of 1 injector, i.e. 440cc/min. I would assume the ECU is clever enough to multiply that by the number cylinders entered in the Gen settings.
Nope, as you select two injectors per cylinder in the menu, and with DTA it requires both injectors to be the same size. It works as normal.
kew

Post by kew »

Cheers mate, I'll get there in the end.
It's down now to whether Mr. Suzuki has made both injectors the same size.
I bloody hope he has.