Temp gauge output

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Lee F
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: MEF

Temp gauge output

Post by Lee F »

Hi All,

I currently have an S100 and using it on an E43 m3 engine, in a E36 compact and the E36 dash cluster has been retained. I have wired up the tacho, shift light etc so i can see the revs but i want to wire up the temperature display also, currently it is just reading full scale as it is open circuit. How do i configure one of my Aux outputs for the temperature as currently i don't have one configured and i may be missing it in the manual.

The idea eventually is to get an Xdash but i'm trying to get the thing to work properly as it is first.

Thanks in advance
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Temp gauge output

Post by Rob Stevens »

I assume the temp gauge for the dash does not use its own sensor? If it does have its own sensor just replicate is the easy way.
If you want (I've not done this myself) you could use an Aux out to pulse the dash to ground to simulate i.e. create a digital to analogue converter, but would require a bit of trial and error, not easy as the aux outputs only work with the engine running.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Temp gauge output

Post by stevieturbo »

I would agree with the above. Just give the dash the sensor it wants and leave it at that.

If the dash gets a datastream from the ecu which receives its reading from a sensor....then it will be awkward.
The Hayabusa clocks I use get their temperature reading in this manner...so I've a Hayabusa engine ecu in my car purely to run the temperature gauge lol.