Analogue outputs P8 Pro

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
MGFMINI
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Analogue outputs P8 Pro

Post by MGFMINI »

Good evening,
I was wondering if anyone could explain assigning outputs for various functions, for example is it possible to use an output to switch a relay to control a solenoid valve fitted to an Accusump, so at a predetermined oil pressure allow the charge of oil to be released?

I would also like to have an output switched on when engine is running to differentiate between ignition on engine stopped, ignition on engine running?

I am just in the stages of designing the wiring circuits and could probably save some wiring and timers etc

Thank you
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Analogue outputs P8 Pro

Post by stevieturbo »

You could if oil pressure sensor is wired to an analogue input.

But as it wont know whether engine is running, rpm, load etc etc....not really sure it would be the best way ?

Surely Accusump comes as a complete kit anyway ?

As for configuring

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_files ... Manual.pdf
MGFMINI
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Re: Analogue outputs P8 Pro

Post by MGFMINI »

Thanks Stevie,

I am planning to take oil pressure into Ana 1
I just have the Accusump type accumulator and a stand alone solenoid valve so was trying to be clever and wire it up to open the solenoid if oil pressure drops and also on start up to pre lube the motor, I can use a low pressure switch, diodes and a timer on / off relay but of course this means that the solenoid would be open when ignition is on and engine is not running.....will continue to scratch my head....

Actually thinking about it by switching the ignition on, solenoid opens and prelubes engine, start.....timer off to allow Accusump to refill, then the solenoid would open again if the pressure switch goes low while engine is running, will do me

Thanks again