wheel speed input

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
adzer
ECU Model: S80 Pro

wheel speed input

Post by adzer »

hey, I'm looking for some help in regards to the undriven wheel speed input on my s80 ecu

what I'm trying to do is supply my ecu with road speed from the speed sensor on my gearbox.

im doing this for 2 reasons, the first being so the ecu can send this speed to my dash pro 2 via canbus

secondly i need to make a speed output from the ecu so i can wire that input to my 4wd controller

ive wired the speed sensor on the gearbox to the undriven wheel speed input on the ecu but i cant see any where in the dta software regarding this input as im guessing ill need to set it up to give a correct speed reading?

anyhelp would be appreciated thanks
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: wheel speed input

Post by stevieturbo »

Is the sensor the correct type ? ie hall, usually 3 wire ?

On diagnostic display on the bottom right of the screen you have a raw input count of pulses for each wheel speed.

Use this to see if you are actually receiving any sort of signal at the ecu. If so, then yes number of teeth etc just need configured so you get a correct speed reading.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

As Stevie says In the diagnostic display there is a wheel pulse counter, this will help you see if the pulses are being received.
I'm fairly sure that the launch needs to be activated in the software to make the speed work, you don't need to use a switch to turn it on, just has to be enabled in the software.
You will have to fudge the settings for pulses per rev and wheel circumference as you have a final drive in the system.
The launch won't be able to work fully on a 4wd but you could use it as a simple rpm limit on the start line.
adzer
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by adzer »

thanks for the replies gents.

I will check if I'm getting a pulse counter next time its moving.

where in the software can I change the settings for this?

and whilst I'm asking questions could you possibly explain how I figure out how I set it up to read correctly?
thanks for your time
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »