2jz-ge vvti cam sensor location NA-T

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
2JvLo
ECU Model: S80 Pro

2jz-ge vvti cam sensor location NA-T

Post by 2JvLo »

Goodday,

My build is really getting along now. In my spare time i was going by the settings of my DTA S80. The engine used is a 2jz-ge witch will be getting a thicker head gasket and an Holset turbocharger. In the general engine settings tab there is a crank trigger menu for a Toyota 1zz, uses same crank and cam trigger setup. Now the hard bit.. The engine is fitted with VVTI, Adjustable inlet cam timing. The cam sensor is located on the adjustable cam, So it doesn't have a fixed cam position.

Can my dta work with this with my COP setup? or do i have to make some sort of second cam sensor on the exhaust cam?

Hope you can help me!
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: 2jz-ge vvti cam sensor location NA-T

Post by katana »

I'm fairly sure nothing is actually 'triggered' from the cam sensor - it just indicates where a particular cylinder is in the full 720 deg. cycle. So although the trigger point may move essentially the engine / ecu still knows what is where and when
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

There is no problem running any of the VVT. Just set up the cam sensor angle with the valve unplugged, so the ECU knows the correct position when the cam is fully retarded.
Then you just enable the VVT, and go from there.
The ECU uses flywheel mode 0 with Cam Tooth Noise Masking, effectively "cutting off" two of the cam teeth, and using the remaining one for syncing.

Attached is a start up map for a 1JZ, which I believe is the same. Turbo control is off, so you'll need to enable that.
If you have any issues, let me know.
Attachments
Toyota 1JZ Start up map.map
(44.71 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
2JvLo

Post by 2JvLo »

Thanks alot! Your map really helps me out. Does the vvti also work with these settings?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Yes it does.
2JvLo

Post by 2JvLo »

Thanks, Appreciate the support!