cam signal position for sequential start

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
bofelix
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: roverdose
Firmware Version: 66

cam signal position for sequential start

Post by bofelix »

Hello,

If I have to start with sequential injection, is there a recommendation for the cam signal pulse related to the crankshaft? The crankshaft gap will be approx. 90° BTDC.

Would it be a good choice to have the cam pulse together with the crank gap in order to get good startability?

BTW: Batch injection is not possible, because the engine is aircooled flat 4 with single intake ports (Volkswagen beetle). I have to inject if the intake valve is open......

Thanks for all answers!
best regards
Stefan
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: cam signal position for sequential start

Post by Alex DTA »

As long as the cam signal is not at the same point as the crank gap, it doesn't make any real difference.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: cam signal position for sequential start

Post by stevieturbo »

bofelix wrote:Hello,

If I have to start with sequential injection, is there a recommendation for the cam signal pulse related to the crankshaft? The crankshaft gap will be approx. 90° BTDC.

Would it be a good choice to have the cam pulse together with the crank gap in order to get good startability?

BTW: Batch injection is not possible, because the engine is aircooled flat 4 with single intake ports (Volkswagen beetle). I have to inject if the intake valve is open......

Thanks for all answers!
best regards
Stefan
Typically, most tuners will say with sequential that end of injection should occur before the intake valve opens.

So batch, sequential....neither need the intake valve to be open.