P8 TPS

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
MGFMINI
ECU Model: P8 Pro

P8 TPS

Post by MGFMINI »

I am just in the process of going through inputs and outputs etc... Had a problem downloading my new file to ecu as kept saying stop engine, even though it has never run!, found I had to disconnect the crank sensor (will sort that later) Now then file is downloaded ok.

So went onto setting up the throttle position but having issues with that now.... have taken potentiometer wiper into pin 48 and wired +5v and 0v as per P8 wiring diagram however when potentiometer is moved I cannot see any values changing in the set throttle stops screen
However I assume that when I find the probable wiring gremlin that when the throttle is closed that it will register a minimum value (say 50, then opened max to say 200) then set pedal movement min and max. or is there another table I need to input the values its expected to see on pin 48?
Cannot visualise how this information (in mv) correlates to the "set map columns" window with columns 1 to 14 as a percentage?

Wondering f anyone can please enlighten me
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: P8 TPS

Post by stevieturbo »

Firstly...read the manual.

Odd about the crank sensor, it would almost suggest you have lots of interference on the crank sensor, so the ecu things the engine is turning ?

Is there any rpm reading when stationary ? or crank pulses etc ?

If you cannot see anything moving on the set throttle stops....that would imply wiring is not correct and you do not have a signal ( assuming you have good comms with the laptop of course in order to see anything )

Simple test to verify is to directly wire the 5v line to the TPS input and see if that registers.
MGFMINI
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Post by MGFMINI »

Thank you,
Have read the manual several times over the last couple of years but to quite sure of the meaning at times...

I managed to get the TPS reading and set the set the stops, I think it was more a case fo me not being logged into the ECU correctly as I have modified a map I was kindly given for a start point, just getting to grips with settings etc (Time will tell!) however I can edit the map offline, connect to the ECU and open it, then load it and have tested some inputs etc, set the throttle set points and tested the injectors.

But when I disconnect from the ECU and go to log in again it says map is different from disc and press save to create one, I notice in the bar at the bottom of the screen, that the original map (From last owner, XXX 306 Launch ) is present, I then open my Map from the menu and press 'Load" and it seems to download it to the ECU, I can run the diagnostics screen etc, but if I disconnect from the ECU and reconnect the original map XXX 306 Launch from the last owner is in the bottom bar again....I would expect to see the Map name I down loaded in the bottom bar

I did press save to disc and managed to overwrite my MAP as I stupidly clicked on the file name I was using. but been through and got that sorted out now

Is there a way to erase the memory on the ECU to start fresh? or a sequence to ensure the loaded MAP file is flashed to the ECU
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

When you make any changes on the live map you need to press F4 or something. But I think it forces you to do that anyway ?

Saving to disc is separate, and largely just for backup ( and common sense of course ). But yea, offline many aspects just arent the same, so certainly when doing initial setup, you want to be live with the ecu