PLX wideband

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
MGFMINI
ECU Model: P8 Pro

PLX wideband

Post by MGFMINI »

Good evening, I am finally getting to the point of programming a P8 pro using Ana 3 input for the PLX SM-AFR, I am a little confused (as first time using the DTA software) of how to input the data attached into the table, the table has 20 rows however on the chart supplied with the controller there are only 11 output voltage rows, or do I have to multiply by 1000 to get mv and interpolate? and the AF ratio is 10.0 to 16.0, where the table is 10 to 20

But then when I look at the Lambda settings (Other map settings) the AFR column is 8.0 to 16, and do both pages require the same data entered into the rows etc regarding Ana3mVolts 0 to 5000, and AIR FUEL RATIO 8.0 TO 16 ?

Any screen shots or advice would be gratefully received,

Thank you
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 20.15.28.png
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: PLX wideband

Post by stevieturbo »

columns can be whatever you want, and if the PLX output is linear...essentially you only really need two points.

But number of entries is largely irrelevant here. If you're wideband only offers from 10 to 20...then fill in your columns to reflect this. No longer have DTAWin installed on this PC or I'd show you.
MGFMINI

Post by MGFMINI »

Thank you, I have had a play with the settings and attached a screen shot of where I got to....does it look something like how it should?
Ana 3 on left and Lambda settings on right. I am assuming that I need to scale the Ana 3 channel to a scale that it can work with (so have scaled it 0 to 3000mv, which brings it then into the settings page between 10.0 and 16.0 AFR
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-12-30 at 15.00.12.png
AFR.docx
(52.63 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Looks reasonable. Although I'm near sure on the later P8's you could use the Lambda input too.
MGFMINI

Post by MGFMINI »

Thanks Stevie, appreciate your help
I will have to check if late or early (As purchased used) but from previous threads on here that input was 0-1v and not 0-5v, will see how it goes, still working on the rest of inputs and outputs, all wired up just need to program in, set up and test now, never done it before so all a little daunting, but enjoying the challenge....so far!