aux bleeding?

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
TRN
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Firmware Version: 89

aux bleeding?

Post by TRN »

Hi Guys,

Quick question - I've got a set of warning LED clusters wired to aux4/6 and programmed for oil pres / water temp warnings. ECU S80.

Today in the garage we noticed the LEDs to be emitting a very very small amount even though engine was cold/not running.

Wiring is: (fused +12V) - (series resistor) - (LED) - (ECU aux).

Could this indicate a small leak to GND somewhere in my loom, or could it simply be that the LEDs need so little current that it's visible the ECU bleeds a very little amount of current even though it's not enabled the aux switched to ground?
Anyone in the know about the hardware inside ECU that switches the aux?

Haven't noticed it before but that could simply be because it was dark in the garage today!

thanks a lot!

-Tom
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: aux bleeding?

Post by stevieturbo »

I think it's more just the use of LED's

Even with a small bulb the likes of the shift light on mine would have a very very faint glow when "off"
So I imagine an LED would be more apparent.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: aux bleeding?

Post by ignitionautosport »

I've noticed it before using all sorts of things, pressure switches, shift light triggers... LEDs draw so little as you said, so they can glow faintly. I think I put a resistor across them to pull it "off" effectively, but yes it annoying. No I don't remember what value, maybe 1K ohm or something.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |