cop S80

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
rocar

cop S80

Post by rocar »

Using Coil per plug with S80 on 4 Cyl , no cam sensors fitted at the moment,want to start no sequential waste spark first, switch off coil per plug to No and unequal firing to No too. Having only Cyl 1 & 3 firing on cranking, switched Twin spark but nothing changed still two cylinders firing, switched to 8 cylinder and all coils fire but eventually won't start checked wiring twice Cyl 1 -pin 10, Cyl 2 - pin 26 Cyl 3 -pin 18 Cyl 4 pin 1
I also tried an S60 and the same result

I'm missing something or have something wrong, made it several times before but never saw something like this
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: cop S80

Post by stevieturbo »

What coils ?

I used some regular small Bosch coils for a few years with mine, before I changed to LS style coils.

Bosch were inductive, 2 wire, crank sensor only 36-1 and twin spark mode.

LS were internal amps, same again initially crank sensor only in twin spark mode than finally I did go full sequential with a cam sensor.

Although an unreliable cam sensor did cause me problems with full sequential.

is the problem when trying to run the engine, or do the coils fail to fire when doing a spark test ?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Maybe a firmware issue ? are both on same firmware ?
rocar

Post by rocar »

Pencil Coils Denso via M&W cdi system , alteady used in other cars succesfully .
rocar

Post by rocar »

I will try another S80 tomorrow , which had already done wasted with cop and swiched sequential after
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Have you pulled the plugs out and checked it's the coils that aren't working, and not the injectors?
Put the coils on the cylinder head with spark plugs in and crank.
rocar

Post by rocar »

All four coils work on test only OP 10/18 works at cranking.
Wired a wasted coil temporary on OP 10/18 and started without cdi,wired to OP 1/26 ticked twin spark and nothing
no signal.
Wired and sorted cam sensor,put all Cdi and coils back again, switch sequential and everything normal on sequential all OP work
Eventually twin spark mode is not working.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

The output test simply test all the available outputs (so 8 for an S80). It doesn't look at the map.

Something's not adding up.

Outputs 10 and 18 will fire whether twin spark is ticked or not on an S80 set to 4 cylinders. If you have a wasted spark coil pack on 10/18, and you're not getting any output when cranking, then something else is wrong.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

It would be worth testing the ecu outputs....and also after the M&W output. To see whether the problem is the M&W or the ecu.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

Shouldn't 1 coil per plug still be on...? Worth trying, as that is what it is set up like even though waste-firing.

edit: oh I see Alex has already commented, don't mind me.... :roll:
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |