turbo speed sensor

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
pule333
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: EFI Parts

turbo speed sensor

Post by pule333 »

Hi guys.
i have new turbo am fitting G25-550 by Garrett.
it has a turbo speed sensor. will my S60pro recognize the input to help tuner monitor the efficiency or it will take some tinkering? also have NT-Dash. but since i have a spare ANA input i know this will take it.

thanks
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: turbo speed sensor

Post by Rob Stevens »

I think you need more info on the sensor. I know one chap that used a sensor that output a 0 to 5v out dependant on turbo speed.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

The Garrett speed sensor/gauge kit...well at least stuff they used to sell offered a 0-5v output. Pricey though.

But a regular pulse output sensor isnt going to be of any use directly. So one way or another you need that 0-5v setup.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

I know of someone who connected the turbo speed sensor to the wheel speed input to monitor it that way. Seemed to work fine.
Obviously only used for logging.
pule333

Post by pule333 »

Rob Stevens wrote:I think you need more info on the sensor. I know one chap that used a sensor that output a 0 to 5v out dependant on turbo speed.
its this one
https://gt4-play.co.uk/shop/garrett-spe ... s-no-gauge
pule333

Post by pule333 »

stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Without the gauge to offer you a 0-5v output, you would need to do as Alex suggests and use a wheel speed input as that is intended for a square wave pulsed signal.

then it will be a case of playing with maths to get readings that make sense.
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

stevieturbo wrote:Without the gauge to offer you a 0-5v output, you would need to do as Alex suggests and use a wheel speed input as that is intended for a square wave pulsed signal.

That'll be fun seeing as you'll have no actual reliable figures - 0v could be 5 or 20k rpm @ idle and anywhere between 100 - 200k at max load. . . . not really like counting wheel revs LOL!
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

katana wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:Without the gauge to offer you a 0-5v output, you would need to do as Alex suggests and use a wheel speed input as that is intended for a square wave pulsed signal.

That'll be fun seeing as you'll have no actual reliable figures - 0v could be 5 or 20k rpm @ idle and anywhere between 100 - 200k at max load. . . . not really like counting wheel revs LOL!
Well if he used the gauge with the 0-5v output, he could get a properly calibrated reading.

Not using the gauge and using a wheelspeed input.....not so easy.
pule333

Post by pule333 »

Alex DTA wrote:I know of someone who connected the turbo speed sensor to the wheel speed input to monitor it that way. Seemed to work fine.
Obviously only used for logging.
Hi Alex
would i be able to use this conversion table in ND-dash software do display correct speed?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 08.53.24.png