Crank signal

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
JON-TEC-RALLYE
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: JON-TEC-RALLYE
Firmware Version: 89

Re: Crank signal

Post by JON-TEC-RALLYE »

good night, I already lost myself; with so much correction about whether one or the other, I don't know if you use a flywheel of the f4p, the 60-2 and 57_ + 1 double tooth_-1 tooth is the same use 60-2 as a reference, and gap factor 2000. degrees bbtc I think remember 85 degrees .... the only one not compatible is the renix the others will be ok,

There are 2 types of sensors, one with a built-in cable (clio1) and another without cable (clio2-megane1). These seconds, the connector gives problems in the series models with prolonged use.

It is best to bring it as close as possible to the flywheel (WITHOUT TOUCH IT) 0.5MM.

ways to bring it closer;
-wipe the sensor in its two holes.
-replace the oem renault sensor screws that bring guide, with others without a guide just 7x100mm.
-Rotate the engine by hand check that the teeth do not touch with the sensor remember 0.5mm

the cable that carries the signal from the sensor to dta remember that it is shielded to ground, in s40 there will be no error, signal and ground dta more earth only shielded chassis, if you do not read rpm invert the cables in the sensor.

https://www.akbayrenault.com/urun/r9-r1 ... 00855719-1

https://www.ebay.es/itm/Crankshaft-Cran ... 0012.m1985
DTA--MoTec--Link--Ecumaster--HONDATA
Spryboy1974
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by Spryboy1974 »

Thanks for the reply Jon.

I am using the sensor with built in cable which is fine.

I have re-terminated the dta plug completely ensuring the shielding on the crank sensor wires goes to sensor earth ecu end.

So it’s looking like a gap issue as you have suggested. Will put up a post once I have had time to check it out.
Spryboy1974

Post by Spryboy1974 »

Have checked the sensor to flywheel gap and that checks out fine,so really at a loss as to what to do next!?

Anyone got a box of matches....
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Spryboy1974 wrote:Have checked the sensor to flywheel gap and that checks out fine,so really at a loss as to what to do next!?

Anyone got a box of matches....
And what is "fine" ?

A proper oscilloscope reading of the sensor output would help.

Or unpin or unplug all other sensors etc around the engine and do a DTA scope on the crank.
Spryboy1974

Post by Spryboy1974 »

Fine is approximately 0.5mm no more.

I have disconnected all other sensors to do the oscilloscope test and is still the same as in the first pic I posted!
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

"Fine" is what results in a good clean signal.

That could be any distance.

Really, a proper oscilloscope would give a far better picture as to what is going in here, to see if there is any sensible signal at all.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

even if you don't have a conventional oscilloscope, try putting a voltmeter reading AC on the sensor output, you should see 15v or so when cranking, just to prove the sensor is working
Spryboy1974

Post by Spryboy1974 »

Have ordered a new crank sensor just to rule it out!

Thanks guys
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

A simple test on the sensor....is remove it and put a ferrous metal object in front of it. If it's a 3 wire hall sensor, you sill see the voltage switch between low and high ( could be 0v and 5v or 12v etc...just depends on wiring and sensor )

If 2 wire, slightly more difficult. It may give some sort of voltage reading on a normal meter, but it really is a huge variable. I know mine on cranking barely sees 1v either way ( on a scope ), although obviously in both cases it's the actual waveform that really matters
Spryboy1974

Post by Spryboy1974 »

Mine being the 2 wire and only a cheap multi meter so a new sensor will give the answer either way I hope