Which coil output for which cylinder?

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Which coil output for which cylinder?

Post by mefmotorsport »

Hi all,

I'm wiring up my S80 to my BMW S50B30 engine and I need to figure out which coil output goes to which cylinder. The engine has individual coil on plugs and I'm not using a cam sensor so firing the injectors in batch fire mode although I am using 6 outputs for them. The ignition coils are to be fired in wasted spark mode, ie 2 at once but as I understand it I am supposed to wire them to the 1st 6 outputs and have "twin spark" selected and I have to say "NO" to one coil per plug in coil per plug settings (even though there is) and sequential active, "NO" is selected in sequential injection & fan control, also "Twin spark" is selected in general engine settings. (all these settings were advised by Allan at DTA)

The firing order is 153624 so which ecu output (123456) goes to which cylinder?

Thanks, Martin
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Which coil output for which cylinder?

Post by stevieturbo »

mefmotorsport wrote:Hi all,

I'm wiring up my S80 to my BMW S50B30 engine and I need to figure out which coil output goes to which cylinder. The engine has individual coil on plugs and I'm not using a cam sensor so firing the injectors in batch fire mode although I am using 6 outputs for them. The ignition coils are to be fired in wasted spark mode, ie 2 at once but as I understand it I am supposed to wire them to the 1st 6 outputs and have "twin spark" selected and I have to say "NO" to one coil per plug in coil per plug settings (even though there is) and sequential active, "NO" is selected in sequential injection & fan control, also "Twin spark" is selected in general engine settings. (all these settings were advised by Allan at DTA)

Thanks, Martin
Wire firing order in coil output order. So exactly as your last sentence.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Which coil output for which cylinder?

Post by mefmotorsport »

stevieturbo wrote:
mefmotorsport wrote:Hi all,

Thanks, Martin
Wire firing order in coil output order. So exactly as your last sentence.
Thanks Stevie, that's what I guessed and that's exactly how I have marked them up ready to terminate them in the plugs. I just wanted to be sure before I cut them to length.

Cheers,

Martin