aux in / paddle setup

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Andy-reid
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01

aux in / paddle setup

Post by Andy-reid »

Hi DTa s100 latest firmware

More a Question
few things 1) when wiring the compressor for pneumatic paddles it says on the tech quick help wire compressor relay coil to aux 6 and
2)tank pressure sensor (presuming i can use a 0-10bar 3 wire 5v sensor) to an analogue input
3) will the dta control the pressure using the sensor
4) will the tank pressure be visible on the mapping screen and will it be transmitted as can data that can be pulled off by my AEM cd7 dash?
5) do i need to get a N electro magnet solenoid? to stop the box going into N or worse R when moving?

Cheers Andy
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: aux in / paddle setup

Post by stevieturbo »

Andy-reid wrote:Hi DTa s100 latest firmware

More a Question
few things 1) when wiring the compressor for pneumatic paddles it says on the tech quick help wire compressor relay coil to aux 6 and
2)tank pressure sensor (presuming i can use a 0-10bar 3 wire 5v sensor) to an analogue input
3) will the dta control the pressure using the sensor
4) will the tank pressure be visible on the mapping screen and will it be transmitted as can data that can be pulled off by my AEM cd7 dash?
5) do i need to get a N electro magnet solenoid? to stop the box going into N or worse R when moving?

Cheers Andy
1. You can control whatever you want via the aux outputs ( via a relay ). Although as Ana IN, and Aux OUT are inherently linked...it may make more sense to use the same numerical Aux OUT, as the Ana IN you wish to use as it saves wasting an output.
2. You can use whatever pressure range you want.
3. If you want it to, yes it can.
4. Analogue inputs or their value derived are displayed in the realtime data screen. How does the dash receive data ? rs232 or CAN ?
5. havent a clue.
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

Morning stevie!

the dash is can data only
Last edited by Andy-reid on Sun May 17, 2020 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Corbin
Firmware Version: 34

Post by Paul Corbin »

Hi Andy,

My understanding for reverse is that you can add a non latching button to press when you need to select neutral / reverse.
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

Morning!
i have 3 buttons on my wireless wheel 2 are joined into my paddles and 3rd is for N/R interlock! question is does it actually need an electro mag solenoid or does it just do it via software and just will not let you go to N or R without holding N button and paddle down to select neutral then paddle down again into reverse?

Paul Corbin wrote:Hi Andy,

My understanding for reverse is that you can add a non latching button to press when you need to select neutral / reverse.
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

Also which aux in to connect the neutral button to?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Andy-reid wrote:Morning stevie!

the dash is can data only
Looking at the datasheet for the CAN output....you would be able to receive the raw Analogue voltage only from the Ana inputs. However you could probably then manipulate that in the dash to tell you something more usable
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

the literature says aux6 output to run compressor relay which pin or does it not matter to aux6 input for the pressure sensor also is that just described as analog voltage in the can stream?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

What literature ?

Look at the software for what you can or cannot control using Aux 6...but it does look like you could use an analogue inputs voltage for it.

But it also means Aux3 would be redundant and wasted ( if using Ana3 for example...same applies to 1, 2 and 3 )
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

This is where I goy it from ans someone said on a forum to keep the input and output numerical the same for ease.
If you are using a pneumatic paddle shift system, wire the relay coil for the compressor motor to one of the Aux outputs (e.g. Aux 6) and wire the tank pressure sensor to one of the analogue inputs. As an example and assuming it’s a 0-5v sensor where 0v is empty and 5v is full, set the Aux output to be on at 100mv (not 0mv in case of sensor failure) and off at 5000mv, with a hysteresis of 1500mv (this means once the tank is full, the compressor won’t start again until the sensor reading drops below 3500mv). These are only examples, you will need to tailor them to your specific setup.