Wiring in a wideband

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Bollah
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Wiring in a wideband

Post by Bollah »

Just wanted to check with the masses on here before I went ahead and did this.

I have got an AEM Wideband to put into the car and would like to get this wired up to the DTA, but only for data logging at the moment.

I know it's a case of taking the lambda input from the DTA to the 0 - 5v feed output on the sensor and that's it, but is it a case of just choosing the sensor in Lambda Parameters menu and leaving everything unticked?

VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: Wiring in a wideband

Post by VR6Turbo »

There isn't a preset for the AEM, so you'd have to put the 0-5V scaling in manually.

It should log the AFR history even if closed loop is turned off. It's on by default when you go into the live mapping screen, so it must look at the lambda input constantly.
Bollah

Post by Bollah »

Bugger, I thought the AEM wideband was a sensor that was compatiable with DTA :roll: Any idea's on the Bosch 4.2LSU scaling then? :mrgreen: :lol:
Bollah

Post by Bollah »

Nevermind, a case of RTFM and it lists the values in it :roll: :oops:
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

Most widebands I've seen / used tend to work over the same 0V = 10 AF to 5V = 20 AF linear scale :D
Bollah

Post by Bollah »

Pretty much spot on. Here is the listed values from the manual

Bollah

Post by Bollah »

Actually, I'll continue to talk to myself here, but the PLX choice in the DTA lambda menu is the same sensor as the AEM one (Bosch LSU 4.2), so no need to manually input the data in now 8-)
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

They ALL use the same sensor. But that has sweet FA to do with the analogue output from the controller.

That is the only thing that matters and must be correctly matched with the DTA's input settings.
Bollah

Post by Bollah »

Just to say that I got the AEM installed over the weekend and wired up to the DTA using the PLX setting, seems to be pretty much spot on now, so am happy. Need to look at trying to adjust the map to use the lambda sensor now :lol: