Confused...please help

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
iceman_n
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 58

Re: Confused...please help

Post by iceman_n »

i understand what it says in the manual...i just ask to be sure...because the ecu is for race use in most, so i thought what is the benefit of fuel consumption when your goal is just track days etc...so i ask if has something more this option that i can not found/understand...

thanks for the book...
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Oddly, DTA only added this option recently as a lot of users requested it.

Just leave it turned off.
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

totally satisfied with my mapper...everything is ok now...he explain me some things and make me understand.

totally professional
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

iceman_n wrote:totally satisfied with my mapper...everything is ok now...he explain me some things and make me understand.

totally professional
That is often the way; it can be hard to judge if you are telling a customer stuff they already know, or if you need to give info so they understand what the hell you are doing.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

i need your experiences and your knowledge guys.

from 1500rpm until 2500rpm the car shakes when i keep the throttle between 0% and 4% (mostly with 2nd,3rd or 4th gear) (TPS 0%, 4%, 9% etc)

i add a little bit fuel, it was much better, i add a little more, also better, i add a little more again and car shakes again more than before...why ?? i had in mind that more fuel will be better, i go back to my previous fuel setup.
it shakes less but i can't find out what exactly to do to make it stop shake at all, any ideas ??

i think that something happens with TPS, it can't change position from 0% to 4% to fast and that's why the car shakes
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Clearly you need a new tuner/installer, but then I did say that right at the very start.

The car "shaking" could mean many things. Is it bumpy ground ? Is it the transmission vibrating, is it the engine ?

Be more specific. If you are referring to the engine...has it been built properly ? Is it running on all cylinders ?

Have you confirmed the base map you're using is sensible and all sensor feedback sensible ? Have you confirmed timing on your screen is exactly as spark timing seen at the plug ?

You're doomed to destroy another engine until you cover the basics first.

Ensure all of the above are correct, read the DTA manual as it does explain most things very well.

And what is your fuelling like when this current problem occurs ?
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

iceman_n wrote:totally satisfied with my mapper...everything is ok now...he explain me some things and make me understand.

totally professional
Can you clarify what he said here?

Also, use a wideband - adding fuel blindly and guessing is simply that.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

stevieturbo wrote:Clearly you need a new tuner/installer, but then I did say that right at the very start.

The car "shaking" could mean many things. Is it bumpy ground ? Is it the transmission vibrating, is it the engine ?

Be more specific. If you are referring to the engine...has it been built properly ? Is it running on all cylinders ?

Have you confirmed the base map you're using is sensible and all sensor feedback sensible ? Have you confirmed timing on your screen is exactly as spark timing seen at the plug ?

You're doomed to destroy another engine until you cover the basics first.

Ensure all of the above are correct, read the DTA manual as it does explain most things very well.

And what is your fuelling like when this current problem occurs ?
everything is fine, i did not go yet to my mapper for the final remap,the last time that i went was to connect the idle valve and also to discuss some issues.

i told him that the car shakes when i try to accelerate with from 1500rpm to 2500rpm and TPS shows 4%, he add a little bit a fuel and the shaking disappear at 70 percent, he told that he will fix it when i came for final mapping in the dyno, but before i go for final mapping i want to eliminate that.

i don't have innovate A/F i borrow one just to see how lean it is. in this rpm range show 16:1 so it's lean

then i add a little bit of fuel the shaking was smoother, then a little bit more but this time maybe i add to much fuel and start shakes as before so i came back to my previous setup until i go to my mapper to fix it.

but i want to fix before i go to my mapper, that's why i ask