Confused...please help

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
iceman_n
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 58

Confused...please help

Post by iceman_n »

Hello everybody...just register

I have some question because i am a little bit confused. I am running DTA S40...
My mapper keep the stock loom and he connect the new wires for DTA to the stock loom...this happen because the stock ecu it is still connect to work the dials (tacho,spedo,fuel level,water temp and all the other lights in the dashboard.

I don't like that but know i can't change it so i want to try with a little help of all of you to make my loom a little better and understand some more things...

I am running 36-1 trigger wheel, wasted spark (4 coils), 4 injectors, air temp, water temp and throttle position sensor as load.

1) I want to connect an idle valve, in the S40 wiring diagram says that must connect it in number 9 pin BUT this pin also shares the injectors (second one).
So what can i do now that i want also to connect the idle valve ?? Can i connect it somewhere else or in the same pin ??

2) My mapper keep the original water sensor but he wire it in analogue 1 and not in number 24 pin as the wiring diagram says. Maybe this happen because this sensor is not compatible with DTA S40 (when i connect the laptop the water temp says FAILED.
I put a new water temp sensor that is compatible now with DTA. Can now connect the new water temp in number 24 pin and take off the old stock sensor from analogue 1 and free the analogue 1 port ??

3) In AUX my mapper connect the Variable intake camshaft.If he use the AUX how the fan control works ?? Where he connect it, Is it possible to connect somewhere else ? (I am thinking that maybe left the stock ECU to control the fans and that's why he also left stock water temp sensor in place) is that possible ?

4) Do you believe that is better to work map as load instead of TPS ?? Is it more stable and better for a road car ?

I am waiting for your answers...please help
Last edited by iceman_n on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basil

Re: Confused...please help

Post by Basil »

What is the car and engine combination you are working with?
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

Fiat Punto HGT 1800cc
Hitachi ecu

i need an answer in my first question about the idle valve...where can i connect it ??
Antral

Post by Antral »

Put all injectors on pin 8 and idle valve on pin 9. :roll:
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

are you sure about that, it will work ok with that connection ?
Antral

Post by Antral »

Yes certain..
Read the wiring diagram to confirm.
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

thanks for you help mate...
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

now about question number 3...if the AUX is already in use by the variable camshaft...where else it is possible my mapper had to connect the fan control ??
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

You say you are using the stock ecu, and it is still in place.

So why not leave it to control the idle and fans ?
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

hmmmm
thats a good question...i don't know...maybe the fans are controlled by the stock ecu...but i don't know anything about idle valve.maybe to work the stock idle valve needs the stock MAF sensor and and the TPS to be connected with the stock ecu, and now MAF does not work at all and the TPS is wired with DTA

this idle valve has 6 pins...i purchase bosch with 2 pins