Confused...please help

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Confused...please help

Post by stevieturbo »

There is no reason the factory ecu cannot have nearly all the original sensors still connected and the DTA piggybacked or wired in with it's own sensors.
There is certainly no need to isolate the TPS signal from the factory ecu and only send it to the DTA ecu.

the factory ecu will do a better job of controlling idle and even with no MAF it will still try and do it's job.

When you piggyback the way you are, in it's simplest form you just take control of fuel and sparks.
there are people piggybacking like this on cars with DBW and leaving the OEM ecu to still control the DBW, as well as dash and other features.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

I did the above on a Citroen C2, it all worked fine, I just had to put some resistors in place of the injectors because the ecu saw faulty injectors!, some ecu's go into a "limp home mode" when they get faults like this. As Stevie says, you should be able to keep the tps on the OE ecu, just don't tie the two 5V rails together, probably best to not use the DTA one for the TPS, use the OE 5V which will already be on the TPS.

Martin
iceman_n
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 58

Post by iceman_n »

the main idea was to leave the stock ecu only to work the dials in dashboard...and the all the other function to DTA.

my mistake was that i bought S40 and probably S60 is better for me cause of more AUX and analogue ports...

just want to figure out what goes where...

about my last question, is it better to use map or tps as load for a road car and why ??
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

it would be more common to use TPS as the primary load parameter on a n/a engine.

Some might say it offers slightly better response. I doubt it makes any real difference.

If you are running multiple throttles then TPS is a must as getting a stable MAP signal can be awkward.

But you could run an engine with TPS and RPM only. However if you operate with MAP and RPM, you still need TPS anyway for accel enrichment etc.
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

i have an appointment with my mapper in the end of the month..i hope to find a solution to all this...thanks for all you help now i know what to ask for...

i make a list with all the things that i want to ask and find a solution

i will ask about the AUX and the fan control, idle valve and injectors that shares the same pin, water temp and MAP/TPS.

i hope to be the last time that i visit and pay him...
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

can i have a photo of the "resistors" please ??

also is it ok to place all the four injectors in pin 8 ? will it work properly ?
Antral

Post by Antral »

I told you before all injectors in pin 8...Why don,t you believe me??
Read the wiring diagram :?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Antral wrote:I told you before all injectors in pin 8...Why don,t you believe me??

Not to mention his "mapper" who wired the thing up.....

If everything he has done is being queried, why is the car going back to him ? Seems there is a severe lack of confidence ?

And I posted a picture of a resistor back from an Evo on another thread. Often they are a small alloy box/heat sink type setup.

As to whether they are suitable for your car, and your wiring is a different matter. Does the car even use low impedance injectors ?
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

Antral wrote:I told you before all injectors in pin 8...Why don,t you believe me??
i believe you but i want to be sure 100% cause i don't trust my mapper very much but i can't go in an other mapper because he is the one that start wiring the DTA stuff..
iceman_n

Post by iceman_n »

stevieturbo wrote:

Not to mention his "mapper" who wired the thing up.....

If everything he has done is being queried, why is the car going back to him ? Seems there is a severe lack of confidence ?

And I posted a picture of a resistor back from an Evo on another thread. Often they are a small alloy box/heat sink type setup.

As to whether they are suitable for your car, and your wiring is a different matter. Does the car even use low impedance injectors ?
my injectors are PICO IWP 006