PWM Injector Signals

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
type49
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 48

PWM Injector Signals

Post by type49 »

Hi I am just about to finnish fitting a racelogic traction control I managed to get at a very good price but when wiring the injectors I notice that the manuel state's it's not suitable for pulse width modulated injector signals, which control limit the injector current , as this type is not compatible with the traction control
please tell me I have nothing to worry about with the S60
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: PWM Injector Signals

Post by stevieturbo »

Every single electronic fuel injector Ive ever come across is PWM.

I can only assume by the latter part of the statement they mean low impedance injectors ( peak and hold ) where the ecu allows a high current to open the injector initially, then reduces it to hold it open.

DTA cannot directly run these anyway. Of course, that doesnt mean your car doesnt use them.

So what car/engine/injectors are you using ?

Simple test... ohmmeter across the terminals. Anything less than 5 ohms is deemed low impedance, but will usually be around 2 ohms
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

Yep, Racelogic mean Low impedance and they've been used on DTAs and OE Bosch ECUs without any issues.
type49

Post by type49 »

Stevie
I use seimens deka 630 on a turbo rover k series
the manual is a bit confusing ( at least to myself ) Quote
1.4.6 Injector Resistance
Ensure that the injectors are not of a resistance lower than 4 ohms as the traction control cannot cope with the amount of current driving such injectors. In general terms Racelogic Traction Control is only compatible with standard high impedance injectors. If in doubt contact your dealer.
1.4.7 Pulse Width Modulated Injector Signals
Ensure that the engine ECU does not utilise pulse width modulated injector signals which control- limit the injector current, as this type of signal is not compatible with the traction control.
I think it's best that I give them a ring tomorrow to try to understand the above
I think my deka630 are high impedance therefore 1.4.6 should not apply , its the 1.4.7 I do not understand
thanks bob
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Reads as if both 1.4.6 and 1.4.7 are saying the same thing ? Just in a weird and awkward way
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

VR6Turbo wrote:Yep, Racelogic mean Low impedance and they've been used on DTAs and OE Bosch ECUs without any issues.
This is correct. You cannot use low impedance injectors w/ PWM flyback or anything. Typically high ohm injectors only... which is what DTA requires so you're fine. Though, I would use the DTA traction control personally.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
VR6Turbo
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

Having tried the racelogic in a very powerful FWD car, I would use that over DTA's TC any day of the week. It's brilliant, simple and accepts VR wheel speed signals.
type49

Post by type49 »

VR6Turbo wrote:Having tried the racelogic in a very powerful FWD car, I would use that over DTA's TC any day of the week. It's brilliant, simple and accepts VR wheel speed signals.
Excellent after service too even with s/h sourced units