Bosch 1600 cc Dead Time ??

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
tecing
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: www.mactecracing.com
Firmware Version: 63

Bosch 1600 cc Dead Time ??

Post by tecing »

Hi All,
Anyone can tell me about injector dead time for Bosch 1600cc ??

Part No. 280150842

Thank you :D
ignitionautosport

Re: Bosch 1600 cc Dead Time ??

Post by ignitionautosport »

Indy Blues right? Very keen to see a dead time table for these also - however most I have seen used run them either peak/hold or with resisters, making a direct injector dead time table moot.
Dead-Time Table with a known commonly available resister value would be useful, bringing them up to usual high impedance.

or.... can the DTA drive them direct?
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
MSEL
Firmware Version: 78

Post by MSEL »

DTA cannot drive peak and hold injectors directly - you need to run ballast resistors.
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

Indy Blues are 8 ohms-ish from memory? Some ECU are fine with that saturated, others are not.

Now that I think about it.... Seeing as I can run 2 injectors paralleled from one injector driver (S60 on a V6) then I'd say an Indy Blue will be fine.
That is, assuming my memory of their impedance is correct! I haven't seen/used one in a while as better injectors are readily available now.

....just checked the manual:
Injectors (any resistance greater than 5 Ohms or described as direct switching, subject to the current rating of the ECU outputs)
So if at 8ohms they would be fine. Please do check. And in this case, a dead-time table would be very very useful for sure.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
MSEL
Firmware Version: 78

Post by MSEL »

Indy Blue injectors are a low resistance peak and hold injector.

This is one of the reasons why they are so horrible to tune down low as they have that horrible pintle control and why ID had such a sales success with their 2000cc newer Bosch injector designed high resistance injector.