Dta s60 pro second map activation

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
ZaxosGR
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Greece Taxopoulos
Firmware Version: 63

Dta s60 pro second map activation

Post by ZaxosGR »

Hello to every one in the forum. I am from Greece and I use the above ecu. I am tunning my car myself along with 3 other cars and I have a problem with the 2 maps. I connected the 2 map switch, I checked it on diagnostics that it works, I checked the box that says map2 always active when switch on but the ecu won't go to map 2 active... Any suggestions?
Fuel and ignition maps are copied from map1 and I want to use the second map for race fuel and more pressure.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Dta s60 pro second map activation

Post by stevieturbo »

It will only switch to MAP2 when the engine is running. Silly, but that's how it is.

So if you test with the engine off, but ignition on....it will not go to MAP2
Marcio Leal
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by Marcio Leal »

And how to upload the MAP2 before turn the engine for the first time?

For example, I already have the engine running with map1, and if I switch to map2 how can the engine continue running if I did not upload the file from computer to the ECU?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

MAP1 and MAP2 refer to the two sets of fuel and spark tables, and a few other tables like boost control etc.

If you're saying the engine still runs, when you have MAP2 activated, but there are no numbers at all in the MAP 2 tables...something is wrong. Most likely MAP2 has not activated.

Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Marcio Leal wrote:And how to upload the MAP2 before turn the engine for the first time?

For example, I already have the engine running with map1, and if I switch to map2 how can the engine continue running if I did not upload the file from computer to the ECU?
There are buttons to copy the fuel and ignition settings from map 1 to map 2. Use those to get it running, and then alter from there.
The other screens for the turbo settings you have to fill in manually. If you are using a turbo, you MUST fill these in, or the engine won't run.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

Map 2 is just an edited version of Map 1, it doesnt get stored as a different name, its just a modified version to suit different conditions, situations etc. As Alex says, you must complete all relevant fields. If all the values are the same then changing from map1 to map2 will not make any difference, its the same map!