Triger Wheel on a SOC

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
RTR75
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 46

Re: Triger Wheel on a SOC

Post by RTR75 »

Hi Stevie,

I am running a DTA S60 PRO
So you are saying, I hope, that this will handle the 36-1 trigger on the cam and I can do away with the crank?

Linc
8-) Linc
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

RTR75 wrote:Hi Stevie,

I am running a DTA S60 PRO
So you are saying, I hope, that this will handle the 36-1 trigger on the cam and I can do away with the crank?

Linc
As I said at the start, It's a good question, but I dont know the answer. You'd need to ask Allan.

But in general terms, it is a perfectly valid trigger system providing all the information an engine ecu would need.

But whether DTA or other brands are happy with it, will be up to each specific case.

When looking at the options, I cant think how it would be configured in DTA
RTR75
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 46

Post by RTR75 »

Thats what I thought!
Thanks for the answers!
8-) Linc
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

I would say no, due to there being no way to tell the ECU to recognize it. It's not in the list of triggers.
Also, you should run trigger on the crank to remove an movement between the crank/cam via cambelt/chain which causes timing movement - that is the reason you want your trigger on the crank. Just add a single tooth cam pickup.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |