Subaru sensors

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Subaru sensors

Post by stevieturbo »

I thought the flywheel mode would override the other settings ? ie OEM trigger setups are fixed and shouldnt be changeable for the most part ?
learner
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 66

Post by learner »

Stevie thanks for posting these, really valuable.

Alex is it ok to proceed with tuning then?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

stevieturbo wrote:I thought the flywheel mode would override the other settings ? ie OEM trigger setups are fixed and shouldnt be changeable for the most part ?
The short answer is, it depends on the flywheel mode.
learner wrote:Alex is it ok to proceed with tuning then?
Yup, crack on.
learner
Firmware Version: 66

Post by learner »

Right guys getting back to this, I need your input.
Car is mapped on upto 0.8bar and is really quick. I used a VW N75 valve for boost control but could not increase boost above 0.85bar. Also, the boost sensor of the dyno showed that the boost curve is oscillating for a pitch of 0.5bar. I haven't made any logs yet to rule out the dyno's boost sensor.
The other problem is the rev counter is not working. Do I need a pull-up circuit for it?
Also, temp gauge in instrument cluster does not work. For this, the sensor responsible is one pin. I have checked sensor and works properly and also checked the gauge and works as it should. I believe the problem lies somewhere in the instrument cluster wiring when I removed the standard ecu. I believe the standard ecu was grounding the sensor and now that ground is missing. Next to that one pin sensor there is a Bosch 2 pin coolant sensor used for the DTA. Can I connect the one-pin sensor signal to the 2-pin sensor signal to make the gauge work or am I too tired atm? lol
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Without knowing what you've done, it will be hard to answer.

The rev counter should work via the ecu no problem. Have you wired it correctly ?

Temp gauge wiring is separate from the ecu....so there is no reason for this not to work. Again...what have you done that has maybe stopped it working ?
And you must use the correct Subaru temp sensor for the clocks you are using. So NO, you cannot connect anything else to the DTA temperature sensor, other than the DTA ecu

As for boost readings. Where are you taking the readings from ? The oscillation seen could well be real and not a fault of anything. More detail needed.

And more detail needed in how you have plumbed the boost control.
PhillipM
Firmware Version: 73

Post by PhillipM »

Just earth the body of the 1-pin sensor to the chassis/neg
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

The sensor is installed in the crossover pipe on top of the engine, alloy, bolted to the engine. It should already be earthed
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

I wired up a Subaru once, removed engine harness and connected pins I thought I needed from the new harness I made - turns out there's an earth through the engine harness that is needed for instruments to work. Pretty sure it was exact same fault.

Stupid design. I located and earthed the pins from the connector that joins to OEM engine harness.

It was a 99 WRX from memory.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Subaru usually takes its main grounds for the ecu, from the main loom where it bolts the grounds to the inlet manifold.

Again, without knowing what the OP has done or how he has made whatever loom he is using...impossible to say.