Flex fuel sensor

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
getused
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Flex fuel sensor

Post by getused »

If this can help:

"Initial testing has been done with the GM fuel composition sensor part number #12570260, which is their latest version of the flexible fuel sensor. The list price is somewhere around $500 (!), a few online parts places has these for $360 or so. However, if you do a search on eBay for "flex fuel", there is a sensor from seller Medimars,who is offering brand new GM sensors (number #12568450, for a 2001 S-15 truck) for $50.00 plus shipping. It operates the same as the other part number sensor. This latter number has been discontinued by GM, replaced by the former number for most vehicles. "

from there:
http://www.megamanual.com/flexfuel.htm
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

getused wrote: from there:
http://www.megamanual.com/flexfuel.htm
Bit off topic but from that arsetickle.......'any fuel system in car from last 20-25 years won't have a problem with Ethanol' !

Ha Ha Ha - try telling that to classic 70's, 80's and 90's cars whose fuel pipes are rotting through on an almost annual basis and such damage contributing to many vehicle fires! Nice to know its all imaginary!

Don't trust ANY rubber where Ethanol is involved and certainly not rubber or Aluminium in the case of Methanol unless you are prepared to run petrol through the system after use!
Wally
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 51

Post by Wally »

It's not just the pipes either. I have an Aprilia Falco motorcycle and all their tanks are plastic and they are expanding so much that if you take them off you can't get them back on again. Sometimes the bases expand so much they leak where the fuel pump mounts.

Wally
troy
Firmware Version: 62

Post by troy »

I bought the continental sensor and it appears to be working fine with an external pullup resistor.
maxiice
Firmware Version: 63

Post by maxiice »

Hello again friends :)

My GM sensor is up and running, car is idling like a cat on any Ethanol blend, but in the percentage showing on the computer is varying 2-3 blocks up and down, that is a little too much if you ask me, that is 5-7% up and down on fuel

So i am wondering a few tings, why is one tube bigger ? is this the out of the sensor direction ?

Another issue is conecting the fuel line, braded hose and hoseclamp dont miks well, even for a return line, is there any GM oem stuff i can use or is there anything made for AN6 or AN8 as i am ising in my return line ?
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

maxiice wrote:Hello again friends :)

My GM sensor is up and running, car is idling like a cat on any Ethanol blend, but in the percentage showing on the computer is varying 2-3 blocks up and down, that is a little too much if you ask me, that is 5-7% up and down on fuel

So i am wondering a few tings, why is one tube bigger ? is this the out of the sensor direction ?

Another issue is conecting the fuel line, braded hose and hoseclamp dont miks well, even for a return line, is there any GM oem stuff i can use or is there anything made for AN6 or AN8 as i am ising in my return line ?
http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e85-et ... -hose.html

Check out post #13 onward
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
maxiice
Firmware Version: 63

Post by maxiice »

Hi

Thanks for that :)
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

Also check out the continental flex fuel sensor (same used as haltech) they are nicer to use in my opinion:

Check out the bottom part "Customers also viewed..."
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

Yeah that's why people use those instead. The piping.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |