One cylinder lean. Injector tweeking ?

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
maxiice
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 63

One cylinder lean. Injector tweeking ?

Post by maxiice »

Due to design of a NA inntake i have one cylinder could be lean.

Is there a way to adjust up one injector in the DTA ? I know other ECU that does this.

No turbo plenum for this engine available :cry:
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: One cylinder lean. Injector tweeking ?

Post by stevieturbo »

could be lean...or is lean ? Big difference.

And if you're running sequential injection, yes you can apply a trim to each cylinder.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

You can apply a trim to each cylinder with grouped or sequential.

The injector trim settings are under Engine Configuration -> Sequential Injection + Fan Control.
Note they are listed in the order the injectors fire, not the cylinder order. If the firing order of the engine is 1342 and you want +10% fuel on cylinder number 3 then the second entry box down should be set to 10.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

With batch, there is no way to identify which cylinder is being injected in order to trim ?

Good point about which injector they refer to on the table...I'd have got that wrong.
maxiice

Post by maxiice »

stevieturbo wrote:could be lean...or is lean ? Big difference.

And if you're running sequential injection, yes you can apply a trim to each cylinder.

Well i blew up the engine on the track, Its hard to say without building up the engine again and set a lambda sensor in each exhaust runner.

Cylinder nr 8 blew the piston and it looks like detonation. other cylinders was fine
maxiice

Post by maxiice »

But what you all say is that its possible, and that's weary nice. And thanks for the description. with this info i can just use the NA intake and adjust more fuel on those who got the most air.

Thanks for all help :)

Du you think a wideband lambda will be happy 2 inches from the exhaust port or is it better to measure the exhaust temp to se if one is lean ?

Thanks again :)
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

What intake were you using ? What engine is it ? you seem to suggest it is not n/a ?

Widebands can be made to work almost anywhere, but you arent giving any details of the setup.

And it's quite normal if something blows up, for one cylinder to fail first.

And thinking about it, as Alex suggests, even with batch fire as long as your injectors are wired 1 ecu output per cylinder then you should be able to trim that cylinder because of the fixed wiring/output setup.
maxiice

Post by maxiice »

Its an old N/A Audi v8 engine, 4.2 running on E85 turboed with an large Holseth running 11 psi boost

Tryed to make an turbo plenium from Audi rs6 fit on, but this was 2 inches to vide so i gave up on that idea
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Wideband lambda are a bit sensitive to exhaust back pressure so I wouldn't put one or more pre-turbo ever! For tuning purposes, i'd datalog EGT's on all cylinders - faster response - start slightly fat at WOT and reduce so max temps are around 900 deg. across all cylinders.
maxiice

Post by maxiice »

katana wrote:Wideband lambda are a bit sensitive to exhaust back pressure so I wouldn't put one or more pre-turbo ever! For tuning purposes, i'd datalog EGT's on all cylinders - faster response - start slightly fat at WOT and reduce so max temps are around 900 deg. across all cylinders.
Ok Thanks :) that sems like a good idea,