S60 traction control

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: S60 traction control

Post by stevieturbo »

Really it is a case of trial and error here, but I would keep slip targets fairly low. Only problem with that they're low everywhere which then may see the TCS operate sooner at lower speeds.
Having a wet/dry setting will let you test a couple of different settings at first though without having the laptop handy even if it's still same road conditions.

If you leave them too high, then at speeds say 20% at 100mph leaves a lot of real world slip before any control will happen, whereas at 10mph, 20%, ie 2mph extra is almost nothing.

I had mine like this, with a rotary pot on Ana1, obviously you'll need to fill in your own data for speeds, teeth, wheel diameters etc

Biggest issue I had, was at speed there were occasions the TCS simply didnt catch the wheelspin at times, although my car would be at the extreme end of traction vs grip.

It would be a huge benefit if you could have a slip target relative to vehicle speed.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

You don't get wet/dry option on S60

On steveis settings above not sure why you would want dry traction off until 64kph I have dry 20 mph wet 10mph.

On S60 you are relying on single undriven wheel speed, this will only work on a car that doesn't lift wheels!

Otherwise settings look sensible, remember to select gear table option and fill that out, balance to faster wheel doesn't work on s60

iF YOU were clever you could set up an auxiliary output to modify the selected Ana1 settings to make the system more aggressive at high speed.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Simply as it would become too intrusive in 1st gear because slip target was so low relative to road speed.

Problem with that was then at higher speeds with a high slip target, often it wasnt enough. There was never a nice compromise.
PhillipM
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by PhillipM »

Can't help with the slip percentages, I can't get an accurate enough speed reading to use it on mine - half the time 3 wheels are in the air and optimum slip is about 20-30% :lol:
I only use the elapsed time launch control through it, not sure what resistors I used, doesn't really matter much I suppose with it being a network from 5v to 0v sensor with the pickup for ana0 on the sweep, so long as they're large enough to keep the current level down.