turbo control setting

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
le gremlins
ECU Model: S80 Pro

turbo control setting

Post by le gremlins »

Hello,

I have installed in a MAC solenoid valve to manage the boost.
But I can not manage the pressure.
I'm going systematically in the overboost limit.
How is the parrametre?
I have a MAP / regime management.
Thank.
Attachments
gremlins1.map
(44.97 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: turbo control setting

Post by Alex DTA »

You have no base PWM set up, and only a 30 kPa difference between target boost and overboost.

Turn off closed loop, and set up the base PWM to give approximately the correct boost.
Then turn on closed loop, and fine tune.
le gremlins

Post by le gremlins »

I have the wastegate which starts at 150 Kpa (except in 5 or I go up to 170). So to get 180 everywhere, I filled the PWM table at 20%, I remlpi the target pressure table to 180, an overboost to 220, I will not have to exceed 180.

I thought the target was enough to control
thank
le gremlins

Post by le gremlins »

Hello,
sorry for the absence (car breakdown)
below my map and my data log of this day.
This morning, impossible to drive because always in the limit overboost (0.8B). This evening working almost good (between 0.4 and 0.65). Someone could give me his opinion on my parameter control boost. on the data the PMW% does not move ....
Thanck
Attachments
gremlins1.3.map
(45.41 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
le gremlins

Post by le gremlins »

data log
Attachments
27052019.7z
(175.34 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

You cannot use closed loop until you have a proper open loop (or feed forward) set up.

Turn off closed loop. This means untick "Use PID Loop".
Then map the Base Turbo PWM Percentage table to give about the right amount of boost. The value sin your table look very odd. You either have the waste gate open all the time, or closed all the time.

Once you have a good boost profile for the whole map, only then can you start playing with the closed loop control.
aleksanderk
Firmware Version: 6500

Post by aleksanderk »

I would like to add my comments to this. And also my problems.
I have a base PWM map that is almost where i want it to be. In some occasions it overboost a little, and sometimes it doesn't quite make the boost I want.
I turned on closed loop turbo control but initially that gave me less boost over all.

Tried messing with the PID variables without success. I have tried 50, 10, 10 and the same with negative values. Also tried increasing and decreasing PID Prop factor to 20-70. No difference at all.
When looking at base PWM map, the PID Adjust does not change. It sits at 5 og -5 depending on PID values being negative or not. When going into boost there is no change in PID Adjustments. Am I missing something really obvious?
Max PID adjust is set to 5% as that is quite a change on boost pressure on my setup.