Target lambda not logging correctly?

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
troy
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Target lambda not logging correctly?

Post by troy »

I've found that in my data logs that target lambda is not logging correctly, its just flat lined at 13.23. Have tryed it with closed loop turned on and off, no difference.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Target lambda not logging correctly?

Post by stevieturbo »

Cant recall if mine worked correctly...but I'm near sure it did have odd behaviour. But it did vary at times, wasnt just fixed.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Do you actually have a varying target? Also is the 20 x 14 lambda map turned on? I've personally never logged it, but I can see the target moving in 'real time chart'. Interestingly 13.23 AFR is exactly 0.900 Lambda so I suspect you don't have have the target map turned on and are just using the idle / over idle options
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

idle/over idle only apply to narrowband use.

wideband closed loop is either off or on according to the check box or manual switch if fitted.

Looking at an old log, it seems at on the likes of overrun etc my target lambda is not displaying the value it should be displaying for that given cell on the load table
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

'idle/over idle only apply to narrowband use.' Er No, narrow/wideband is not relevant .
If you don't use the 20x14 table option you are only left with the idle under/over settings. 'Target Lambda (0.5 - 2.5)' and an idle setting 'Idle Target Lambda (0.5 - 2.5) these settings are greyed out if 20x14 is selected.

My understanding is that the close loop is suspended when engine is seen to be in over run condition, this can be see from the fuel correction figures in dyno mode change from black to blue indicating that closed loop is off. This is coved in the manual.

Also if using the real time chart the lambda target is shown as dotted if it is not being used, i.e. during the warm up phase.

Also closed loop can be turned on/off from the keyboard using 'Ctrl + L' regardless of other settings.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Rob Stevens wrote:'idle/over idle only apply to narrowband use.' Er No, narrow/wideband is not relevant .
If you don't use the 20x14 table option you are only left with the idle under/over settings. 'Target Lambda (0.5 - 2.5)' and an idle setting 'Idle Target Lambda (0.5 - 2.5) these settings are greyed out if 20x14 is selected.

My understanding is that the close loop is suspended when engine is seen to be in over run condition, this can be see from the fuel correction figures in dyno mode change from black to blue indicating that closed loop is off. This is coved in the manual.

Also if using the real time chart the lambda target is shown as dotted if it is not being used, i.e. during the warm up phase.

Also closed loop can be turned on/off from the keyboard using 'Ctrl + L' regardless of other settings.
I'd never used a wideband without ever using the 20x14 table...seems pointless to do so, but what you say makes sense.

Yes, but when CL is off during say an overrun condition it logs incorrect values...and seemingly varying values. Might depend on load/rpm as to when the transition occurred from on to off as to the number it sticks at, then back on again as it did indicate different targets in the 11.x range when load tables should have told it in the 14.x range.
Not really an ideal scenario as it looks like there is something wrong when you view logs.

I've never used real time charts, so no idea how they respond.

And of course yes if the laptop is connected and live and in dyno mode you can turn lambda off or on

Not sure if any of these relate to the OP, but your suggestion of not using the 20x14 table but closed loop on does sound quite likely.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

troy wrote:I've found that in my data logs that target lambda is not logging correctly, its just flat lined at 13.23. Have tryed it with closed loop turned on and off, no difference.
Are you using a narrow band sensor, or a wide band controller?
Which type?

Upload a copy of your map if you want, then we can see what settings you're currently using.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

The type of sensor is not relevant, the OP wan't to view the lambda 'target' and says it is stuck at the same reading, which it will be depending on how and where it's set.
troy
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by troy »

Wideband controller is a innovate MTX-L.

Closed loop is turned on.

Target lambda map is filled and turned on.

map: https://mega.nz/#!8dY2BTKZ!NlGy7XO8uAmC ... fIGVNZMeYA

log1:

https://mega.nz/#!1Q5HhJhb!JOZTIcvZIFPP ... J64VqPBV8c

log2:

https://mega.nz/#!IcxyRRIL!BXzMUuyvrOnw ... 3rvJ1ZwE-0
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

On the map you have posted the Lambda target log is not turned on.
But the logs you have posted do suggest that it was trying to log, perhaps this is not the same map from the log.

You have the lambda turn off over 4500 rpm or 50% throttle but all this will do is turn the real time chart dotted.

Please confirm if it works in the real time chart. It does look like a bug, but why not trust the target map, like I say try the real time chart and use the knob box to vary the target lambda when under way to check its working, but 10% correction won't allow much correction.