Coils not sparking

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
Xracing88
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Coils not sparking

Post by Xracing88 »

Hi, I am new to using an ECU and I'm having some trouble getting my engine (Honda CBR600) to start since my coils are not sparking. I have tested the coils using the test functions provided but yet when I try cranking the engine there aren't any sparks.

I currently only have the started motor and coils connected up in attempt to debug the problem but I'm not getting anywhere. Is there something obvious Im missing in the main ignition map? (Assume basic errors apply like I said I am new to ECU)

Thanks
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Re: Coils not sparking

Post by katana »

Assume you have the crank pick-up and (cam sync if fitted and programmed in the set up) wired up as well? Have you replicated the CBR crank wheel / tooth count or gone different? Need more info to have a diagnosis stab!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

rpm reading ? oscilliscope ? diagnostic screen ? errors etc ?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

For the ECU to sync, it only needs the crank and cam signals to match what's been entered in to the map.
Start by posting a copy of your map, and a crank trace.
Xracing88

Post by Xracing88 »

Sorry all haven't been on here for a while, I have now got it working it was my gap tooth factor that played around with it for a bit so that the ecu was reading the right signal

Thanks
Xracing88

Post by Xracing88 »

Sorry all haven't been on here for a while, I have now got it working it was my gap tooth factor that played around with it for a bit so that the ecu was reading the right signal

Thanks
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

Awesome, and thanks for reporting back :)
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |