Closed Loop

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
McRae
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: V59

Closed Loop

Post by McRae »

Hi everyone

I want to know if Interpolation should turn on when use Closed Loop

Thank's
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Closed Loop

Post by Rob Stevens »

I think they are independent and you can probably only have interpolation OFF when in dyno mode. Closed loop can be on and off when ever you want.
I'm not sure why you would want to turn interpolation off? just get it as close as you can to the cell you are interested in.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I think the only reason to turn off, is when steady state tuning on a dyno...but then if you're holding that cell steady, it shouldnt matter whether interpolation is off or on.

When actually using the car, you would never want interpolation turned off.

Although it'd be interesting to see what it would run like if you did lol.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

Depends how interpolation is done. It may smooth the value if it's crazy different to the ones around it. I now other brands are a pain for this, you have to start tuning, get a an idea of the map shape then change the whole thing before starting to work up again. eg; 3500rpm and above may have 8ms in it, and you're tuning 3000rpm and only need 3ms. The higher values try and pull the map smoother and means your 3ms might read higher (4ms or so) to try and make a nicer curve/blend if 2500 is 2.8ms or whatever. I've had this happen (other brand), it's annoying - far easier to have interpolation off and avoid it all together when on the dyno. Great feature.

regarding OP, I believe you can turn it off if using in realtime/dyno mode, but closed loop can be used independently of this feature. (Just from memory, been a wile since I've used it.)
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Bollah
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Post by Bollah »

Stupid question, but how do you check if interpolation is turned on or off within the software?
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

When on line to the ecu there is a box at the bottom of the screen, Ctl + I toggles it on and off. It defaults to on, i.e. you can not leave it off.