Strange engine judder between 2000-1700 RPM

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
Dayle
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 58

Re: Strange engine judder between 2000-1700 RPM

Post by Dayle »

Its now set at 1 which it does catch and fire on every time. When John looked over the map he changed it to 0 but it is now set back to 1.

The over run judder you mentioned too is there even when the over run is turned off so not sure what that maybe, but it isn't that bad how the car is now it is copeable.
86sixsix
Distributor: http://www.dtafast.co.uk
Firmware Version: 78.01

Post by 86sixsix »

sounds good. you might want more but again, every motor's different.

i'm on a 60-2 like you and this is what i get *not touching the noisy pedal*:

0 = it'll spin and spin fast as f*** and never catch no matter what the fuelling
1 = it'll spin and spin not quite as fast and never catch when it's cold
2 = it'll hiccup and bounce a bit and have a go and then stall
**3 = tasty as f*** with my massive cam overlap and slightly suspect bottom end**
4 = it'll spin slightly slower but you can tell it's too much advance and it'll eventually catch and run
5 = it'll spin slow as f***, fight the starter, not catch, fire back through the blower and set every alarm off within a mile and flatten the battery

as for the comedy bunny-hops... remove 1 of the 3 things that an engine needs... spark, fuel or air... i chose fuel (in the main fuel map - 250rpm above idle...simply make the whole column full of zeros) ...it's only the s40's that seem to do it. god only knows why...
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
Dayle

Post by Dayle »

This what you mean by 0 in the fuel cells?

Dayle

Post by Dayle »

These are my temps and % for in the morning too!
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

yep, that's the idea... so at 1550rpm (half way) you will have like a pulse width of 1.35 + your dead time thingy. no fuel = no bang = *simples*

nice looking water table too.

(if this all goes to sh*t you do realise i'll have to run and hide and go get a job pushing trollies at asda??? but i see nothing wrong at all with those figures)

*remember to always keep your old maps saved someplace*
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
Dayle

Post by Dayle »

I have a load of maps saved now, I always date them with the modified date and put what I have changed in the Info Box, Hopefully fingers crossed the car will be a great deal better in the morning!
Dayle

Post by Dayle »

What part if the map do you mean change the ignition timing the one that is currently full of 30's or in the actual water temp enrichments. Car was slightly better this morning. I set the cranking tooth to 2 as well and it fired without backfiring.
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

86sixsix wrote:slow the ignition-idle-loop down a bit by increasing the loop delay number or lowering the prop factor as vr6turbo suggested
that? the pid prop factor in 'idle speed paramaters' - if you lower it - it will slow the idle bounce down if nothing else

edit: just had a look at your map... make 'transition from cranking' in general settings a lower number than the 80 line (less than 1000, yeah...maybe 850 instead) in idle speed parameters. when your water temp hits 80 it drops to cranking ignition (from the red '30' to the firing tooth thing) (e g 30 to 0, 6 or 12) the way it is :) hence the bounciness

so the starting's right now then?

edit2: http://minus.com/mgpcHk6eV

zero'd overrun fuel
- main ignition at idle
- idle prop factor
+ firing tooth
- transition from cranking to 850
+ water temp fuelling
re wrote start fuelling
Dayle

Post by Dayle »

Hey mate, Cheers for this. Yes the last couple of days it has fired without pressing the throttle and then died after about 10 secconds. ignition off and fired and then idled but veeerrryyy up and down.

Will try these settings. What will the idle ignition timing doo set to 10?

Thanks alot for looking at this too its much appreciated, will try it in the morning!
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

nothing for the time being - your ignition based idle overrides it at the moment.