S100 shift cut parameters

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
SMR
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: DTA

Re: S100 shift cut parameters

Post by SMR »

I gathered data at 100Hz for the gearchange parameters during the garage testing. Ok, it's with no throttle, and at idle speed, but it gave me the opportunity to play with the data in Excel.
And i remembered to reverse the data!
The blip command is set for 30ms ahead, and you see the barrel voltage start to move 20-30ms after the downvalve has actuated - i.e. 60ms worth of blip. I think I have the blip set way too long (100ms) as it's still going after the barrel has started to move.
I've got an anti-push setting of 50ms which I'll remove for the time being until I've got some real on-track data to check against.
What determines the length of time the downvalve stays open? Is it until the gear pot is within the start voltage of the next gear's central position?

I realise that data from driving (i.e. with high revs and loaded gears) is likely to be different from what I've seen in the garage so will have to wait until Prescott.

Now to put the wheels back on and back on the ground to check the dog/barrel movelent to see how it fits with the shift cut start point value I've got.
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Steve
I believe the anti push is operated after the new gear is located so the blip is irrelevant anyway as the anti push kills any power from the long blip if that makes sense?
SMR

Post by SMR »

Thanks Rob - I just wanted to remove the anti push so I can determine the best settings bit by bit - the settings I've started with were the ones we tweeked through last year on the 1600 Busa; It was a good starting point, but it uses a contactless pot, and my box has all the internals superfinished so changes very easily.
Talking of which, I've noticed the gear pot (and hence barrel) overshoot after a gearchange (by about 30-40mv) before coming back to the correct mid-point voltage. Would this perhaps be too much air-pressureon the actuator?
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

If it's overshooting I'd check the stop that prevents the lever from moving too far is ok. Unlikely to be air pressure excessive. But it's probably better to overshoot than not get there at all with all the tolerance build ups.
SMR

Post by SMR »

Rob, the overshoot isn't on every gear - I'll see how it looks with the new pot fitted.
A few things to keep an eye on at Prescott.

Thanks for the useful info and advice,
Cheers
Steve