fuel table from scratch

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
gigford
ECU Model: S60 Pro

fuel table from scratch

Post by gigford »

Hi,

I've managed to achive a good idle (warm/cold). Cosworth YB turbo.
There are several fuel table generators around but they seem complicated for me.
Is there a simple method i can use my idle fuel ms as a base number and by multiplying that build an useable fuel table(in excel for example)?
Before i take it to the nearest 4wd dyno (150miles away) i want to make sure the car is mechanically okay and drives well.
I've got a decent ignition map.

thanks
SMR
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: DTA

Re: fuel table from scratch

Post by SMR »

I'd be more inclined to peruse the maps that are in the DTA SWin - looking for a similar architecture engine (4 valve, approx 500c per cylinder etc) with idle fuel times similar to yours (although who knows what fuel pressure was being used).
Looking at the general shape of the graphs and the max fuel timings from those other maps should give you some guide to manually build a very basic fuel map.

Using your wideband (I assume you have one fitted?) you can certainly fill in various low load/low rpm sites in the driveway and then progress to driving round the block! A lot easier with a helper on the laptop.

Perhaps someone on here has a YB N/A map that could be used as a starting point - a lot simpler!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Any fuel table is usable.

They're just numbers. Higher for more fuel, lower for less. Nobody can guess what you're engine needs...but the fact it's running is a starting point
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Isn't idle fuel derived as a function of main map and warm up compensations added / subtracted - I haven't looked, just asking the question? And as the usual advice is use a Zetec map for anything to get it running, I would suggest that would be a good basis to start with.