How to setup a fuel MAP without a dyno

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
86sixsix
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: http://www.dtafast.co.uk
Firmware Version: 78.01

Re: How to setup a fuel MAP without a dyno

Post by 86sixsix »

i would say then your main fuel map or other compensations or something to begin with are *miles* out. like proper miles. like moons-of-jupiter miles out.

or not. what do i know? haha

did you try 10% with a longer time in seconds, dude? *hint hint* :-P
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
FrankCorrado
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 76

Post by FrankCorrado »

Yup, that's what I had at first (10% and longer time).
Anyway doesn't matter as I have to restart everything all over again since my cam sensor does not work anymore (2 sensors working, 12v working, signal working, but misses all triggers, so something's wrong between the cam magnet and the sensor, I guess) so my FCM got trashed cuz I had to revert to batch mode and this changes everything else (startup, fuel, etc.).

I'll start all over next Spring.
Frank
VW Corrado VR6 Turbo GT3582R getting into a super light kit car
S80Pro
Wally
Firmware Version: 51

Post by Wally »

FrankCorrado wrote:2 sensors working, 12v working, signal working, but misses all triggers,
It's not missing the cam signal mask is it?

Wally
FrankCorrado

Post by FrankCorrado »

I thought so, but unless something changed on that, I believe not.
I mean I am using mask for months, never changed it and at end of Aug it started to work less and less. Now it does not start at all (starts but stalls right away and I see repeated cam errors). I have widen mask, no change. Next step I will disable mask. But this may have another effect, if I do have interferences, by removing the mask it may not work anyway (I had no mask at first and it was not working well, when I enabled it, it was better).

Last step is to test the cam magnet triggering the sensor and pulsing the 12v signal. Not sure yet how I will do this one. loll
Frank
S80Pro
VR6Turbo
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

What have you broken now? :lol:

I don't use the cam mask at all and I don't get any missed signals, so we're back to the wiring fault again :D
FrankCorrado

Post by FrankCorrado »

I don't know mate, I made no change to the mechanical parts since last June or so with the EV14s. Drove it every week, but in Aug I spent 2 weeks without driving it and when I started again, the sensor signal failed during my run. Failed more and more since. Not working now.

12v feed fine, ground fine, signal wire shows a nil resistance from the plug in the engine bay to the plug in the ECU. Can't find any wire fault here. That's why I think it may be between the cam magnet wheel and the sensor itself. Maybe the distance is too much, but shimming that wheel is not easy, my mech looked into it last spring. Oh well...

Actually the ground was on PIN33, I changed it to PIN21 yesterday (that's the PIN in DTA diagram), but have not road tested it yet.
Frank
S80Pro