p8 pro on sbc

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: p8 pro on sbc

Post by stevieturbo »

So what sort of timing was it flashing when cranking ?

And if you crank it with the plugs out of the engine but earthed and attached to the HT leads, does it appear the spark in the correct order as required ?
jpr.racing07
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Hi Steve have made up an 8 plug test bed to test coils and firing order and all is correct, and also have been able to put a timing on the ring gear and on cranking . If I set it to fire on zero it reads 9 degrees , and if set to one it reads 29 degrees at TDC . Jeremy
jpr.racing07

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Just been thinking could the stack dash be spiking the ECU in any way???????????
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

jpr.racing07 wrote:Hi Steve have made up an 8 plug test bed to test coils and firing order and all is correct, and also have been able to put a timing on the ring gear and on cranking . If I set it to fire on zero it reads 9 degrees , and if set to one it reads 29 degrees at TDC . Jeremy
Did you ever get the crank trigger position sorted ?

If you adjust the missing tooth position in the software, can you get zero to flash zero ?

What does your actual timing map look like ?

For sake of getting the engine started, just fill the entire map with 10deg.

Dont see how the stack dash would affect anything, but then ive no idea how it is wired.
jpr.racing07

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Hi Steve i moved crank trigger to what i thought was the correct place 70 degrees, but bearing in mind it was at finger tips and a mirror, haven't tried changing number of missing teeth as there is only one missing of the 36 , but will try ???? as for rev counter i have connected it to the tacho out put on ECU. Jeremy
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I never said to change the number of missing teeth. You need to tell the ecu where the trailing edge of the missing tooth occurs in relation to TDC so it knows where TDC is.
So in your case, the trailing edge of the tooth should be seen by the sensor approx 70deg or less before TDC no1 occurs when rotating the engine clockwise.

And this is just an approximate setting. It MUST be verified with a timing light.
jpr.racing07

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Hi Steve it's set at 70 degrees TDC at the falling edge of the first tooth after the missing tooth and that's what's set in the ECU. Jeremy
jpr.racing07

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Sorry It was meant to say 70degees BTDC
Roverdose
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

that number can be confirmed by setting the ignition map to 0 and using a timing light to see if the numbers correspond.

Drew
jpr.racing07

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Hi mate it is out because I set it at zero it reads 9 degrees btdc which is why i think I will have to take the motor out .jeremy